User passwords on Superdesk
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Tom HTom H
    Hi

I have been getting my head round my installation of Superdesk on docker for the last few weeks however I am having troubles logging in as any other user apart from original Administrator user. 

I can create users but I do not know what their password is to attempt logging in as them. I click 'reset password' link which I assume sends a reset password link to the registered email but it is never received. Do I need to setup a mail server on Ubuntu or is one included as part of Superdesk installation?

Best regards,
    Tom 
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • Hello Tom!
    Docker compose config was missing a mail server. I have submitted a PR fixing that: https://github.com/superdesk/superdesk/pull/685

Thank you for reporting the problem!
    Innovations developer, Sourcefabric
    Thanks Yauhen! Will keep an eye out for the update.

• It was merged.
    Hi Yauhen, I am having another issue. I am running SuperDesk under Docker on Ubuntu Server running within VirtualBox and connecting from my host machine (Windows) via a browser.

I used to enter the target IP Address of the Ubuntu Server manually into the file docker-compose.yml.sh under the directory \superdesk\docker but now that file no longer seems to exist there. Subsequently, when I run SuperDesk from browser on host, I can access it fine but most of the pages say 'loading' and nothing happens.

I have tried this on an identical installation I have but within Ubuntu Desktop in VirtualBox with Local browser, and everything works fine so I'm assuming its the problem with the different IP Address (as opposed to 'localhost'). 

Many thanks
    Tom
  • hello Tom!
    file was renamed to just docker-compose.yml
    Yeah it works fine now. Thanks!

I got confused because I read on an old post not to edit the docker-compose.yml file directly, only the docker-compose.yml.sh file which writes the information to the yml file or something. I'm still new to linuz so please forgive my ignorance! haha

Best regards,
    Tom