New Install
  • I have chosen to do the manual install after the automated install gives me the same error at the end. Regardless which way I try to install Airtime, I end up with the following after the airtime-system-check step is done....

*** Verifying your system environment, running airtime-check-system ***
    AIRTIME_STATUS_URL             = http://localhost:80/api/status/format/json/api_key/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    AIRTIME_SERVER_RESPONDING      = OK
    KERNEL_VERSION                 = UNKNOWN
    MACHINE_ARCHITECTURE           = UNKNOWN
    TOTAL_MEMORY_MBYTES            = UNKNOWN
    TOTAL_SWAP_MBYTES              = UNKNOWN
    AIRTIME_VERSION                = UNKNOWN
    OS                             = Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS i686
    CPU                            = Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz
    WEB_SERVER                     = Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu)
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_PROCESS_ID      = FAILED
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_RUNNING_SECONDS = 0
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_MEM_PERC        = 0%
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_CPU_PERC        = 0%
    -- Displaying log file /var/log/airtime/pypo/pypo.log
    -- 2015-01-01 09:10:06,055 INFO - [api_client.py : is_server_compatible() : line 220] - Unable to get Airtime version number.
    --
    -- 2015-01-01 09:10:11,056 DEBUG - [api_client.py : __call__() : line 134] - http://localhost:80/api/version/api_key/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    -- 2015-01-01 09:10:11,058 INFO - [api_client.py : is_server_compatible() : line 220] - Unable to get Airtime version number.
    --
    --
    --
    LIQUIDSOAP_PROCESS_ID          = FAILED
    LIQUIDSOAP_RUNNING_SECONDS     = 0
    LIQUIDSOAP_MEM_PERC            = 0%
    LIQUIDSOAP_CPU_PERC            = 0%
    tail: cannot open ‘/var/log/airtime/pypo-liquidsoap/ls_script.log’ for reading: No such file or directory
    -- Displaying log file /var/log/airtime/pypo-liquidsoap/ls_script.log
    --
    --
    MEDIA_MONITOR_PROCESS_ID       = FAILED
    MEDIA_MONITOR_RUNNING_SECONDS  = 0
    MEDIA_MONITOR_MEM_PERC         = 0%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_CPU_PERC         = 0%
    -- Displaying log file /var/log/airtime/media-monitor/media-monitor.log
    -- 2015-01-01 09:10:13,078 INFO - [Thread-1] [watchersyncer.py : __init__()] : LINE 19 - Created timeout thread...
    -- 2015-01-01 09:10:13,079 INFO - [Thread-1] [airtime.py : init_rabbit_mq()] : LINE 36 - Initializing RabbitMQ message consumer...
    -- 2015-01-01 09:10:13,088 INFO - [Thread-1] [airtime.py : init_rabbit_mq()] : LINE 48 - Initialized RabbitMQ consumer.
    -- 2015-01-01 09:10:13,089 DEBUG - [Thread-1] [api_client.py : __call__()] : LINE 134 - http://localhost:80/api/media-monitor-setup/format/json/api_key/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    -- 2015-01-01 09:10:13,092 INFO - [Thread-1] [syncdb.py : reload_directories()] : LINE 49 - HTTP Error 404: Not Found
    --
    --
    -- There appears to be a problem with your Airtime installation.
    -- Please visit http://wiki.sourcefabric.org/x/HABQ

******************************* Install Complete *******************************

Anyone have any suggestions as to why its not completing? Thanks in advance.
    Post edited by Jeremy Monroe at 2015-01-01 10:21:03
  • 19 Comments sorted by
  • Hello! You're using an unsupported distro (Trusty) and you also need a true FQDN... not "localhost"

Use Wheezy 7.7 and give the automated installer another shot!
  • I will have to use a different machine then I guess as this server is hosting 2 websites currently. Appreciate the response.
  • Will be updating the post soon. I have another machine out and working on setting up Wheezy on it and setting up the FQDN.
  • 14.04 is not a walk in the park

The equivalent to

• Debian Wheezy 7 is Like Ubuntu 12:04
    • Debian Jessie    is like Ubuntu 14.04

Debian Wheezy 7 and Ubuntu 12:04 are not substitute but offers equal challenges to NOOB and like I recommend Most university have local Linux groups,get in contact or search you local computer societies internationally especially for pointers on installations

Expect the same challenges in Jessie as Trusty

There are numerous upgrades to things like php,apache and python. including the virtual hosting

the two main problem you will have for these are

• Virtual hosting and
    • Icecast configuration

VOISSES

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • I have installed Wheezy 7. I am not new to servers and linux but new to airtime. About to run the install and see what happens this time. Thanks.
  • @Roger Wilco Thanks for the suggestion of using Wheezy. I am loving how much better it is on resources than 14.04.

Thanks
  • I did have one other question....my streaming link ends in airtime_128. Where do I go to change it so that I can just tell someone go to www.mydomain.com and listen

Thanks
  • Figured it out. Sorry to post before delving into it more. Thanks again.
  • I have installed Wheezy 7. I am not new to servers and linux but new to airtime. About to run the install and see what happens this time. Thanks.

I understand what you are saying but as I put information here as reference.

So my sole objective was to inform many others who might read this thread that no particular OS is prone from problem AND BY HIGHLIGHTING the problems there are the solutions.

I know most people will say I start a thread for solving "my" problem but its asked in general so lets kinda say highlight the limitations.

For Months Debian was prone to a Rabbitmq problem like these

or just type rabbitmq the search sections.

So what may be good for one person may not necessary for others or as the colloquial saying "what may work for you may not necessarily work for others.",hence we mediate

So we all should state with a caution,when referred.

Its Pointless for me to really refer to some post but I do it for the sake of others and as reference for myself.

So here is my last proverb "Come with an empty head Leave with a basket-ball full of punch"
    Go to courts with a clean hands leave wit justice

Hope nobody curse me for this but THAT'S THE TEACHER IN ME

VOISSES

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • I definitely agree with you. And I appreciate the insight. I am sure it won't be my last question to you.  Thanks again and Happy New Year !

• P { margin-bottom: 0Okay...I am using a different machine
    because this one is beefier. I have installed wheezy on this machine
    and did the prep work and installed airtime automatically.

I
    am at this point.

AIRTIME_STATUS_URL            
    =
    http://mydomain.com:80/api/status/format/json/api_key/%%api_key%%
    AIRTIME_SERVER_RESPONDING     
    = OK
    KERNEL_VERSION                
    = 3.2.0-4-686-pae
    MACHINE_ARCHITECTURE          
    = i686
    TOTAL_MEMORY_MBYTES           
    = 3886800
    TOTAL_SWAP_MBYTES             
    = 7860220
    AIRTIME_VERSION               
    = 2.5.1
    OS                            
    = Debian GNU/Linux 7.7 (wheezy) i686
    CPU                           
    = AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60
    PHP Warning: 
    get_headers(http://mydomain.com:80): failed to open stream:
    Connection timed out in
    /usr/lib/airtime/utils/airtime-check-system.php on line
    WEB_SERVER                    
    = UNKNOWN
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_PROCESS_ID     
    = FAILED
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_RUNNING_SECONDS =
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_MEM_PERC       
    = 0%
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_CPU_PERC       
    = 0%
    -- Displaying log file /var/log/airtime/pypo/pypo.log
    --
    2015-01-03 13:12:57,458 DEBUG - [telnetliquidsoap.py :
    get_current_stream_id() : line 200] - dynamic_source.get_id
    --
    --
    2015-01-03 13:12:57,460 DEBUG - [telnetliquidsoap.py :
    get_current_stream_id() : line 205] - stream_id: -1
    -- 2015-01-03
    13:12:57,461 INFO - [pypoliqqueue.py : main() : line 54] - New
    schedule received: {}
    -- 2015-01-03 13:12:57,462 INFO -
    [pypoliqqueue.py : main() : line 34] - waiting indefinitely for
    schedule
    --
    --
    LIQUIDSOAP_PROCESS_ID         
    = FAILED
    LIQUIDSOAP_RUNNING_SECONDS     =
    LIQUIDSOAP_MEM_PERC           
    = 0%
    LIQUIDSOAP_CPU_PERC           
    = 0%
    -- Displaying log file
    /var/log/airtime/pypo-liquidsoap/ls_script.log
    -- 2015/01/03
    13:12:57 [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.
    -- 2015/01/03
    13:12:58 [server:3] New client: localhost.
    -- 2015/01/03 13:12:58
    [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.
    -- 2015/01/03 13:13:08
    [server:3] New client: localhost.
    -- 2015/01/03 13:13:08
    [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.
    --
    --

MEDIA_MONITOR_PROCESS_ID       =
    FAILED
    MEDIA_MONITOR_RUNNING_SECONDS  =
    MEDIA_MONITOR_MEM_PERC        
    = 0%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_CPU_PERC        
    = 0%
    -- Displaying log file
    /var/log/airtime/media-monitor/media-monitor.log
    -- 2015-01-03
    13:12:18,884 DEBUG - [Thread-1] [api_client.py : __call__()] : LINE
    134 -
    http://mydomain.com:80/api/media-monitor-setup/format/json/api_key/ZVNNVCP9TORYG8EY4RF9
    --
    2015-01-03 13:12:18,990 DEBUG - [Thread-1] [api_client.py :
    __call__()] : LINE 134 -
    http://mydomain.com:80/api/list-all-watched-dirs/format/json/api_key/ZVNNVCP9TORYG8EY4RF9
    --
    2015-01-03 13:12:19,096 DEBUG - [Thread-1] [api_client.py :
    __call__()] : LINE 134 -
    http://mydomain.com:80/api/list-all-files/format/json/api_key/ZVNNVCP9TORYG8EY4RF9/dir_id/1/all/0
    --
    2015-01-03 13:12:19,195 INFO - [Thread-1] [bootstrap.py :
    flush_watch()] : LINE 63 - Flushed watch directory
    (/srv/airtime/stor/imported).                
    (added, modified, deleted) = (0, 0, 0)
    -- 2015-01-03 13:12:19,196
    DEBUG - [Thread-1] [api_client.py : __call__()] : LINE 134 -
    http://mydomain.com:80/api/register-component/format/json/api_key/ZVNNVCP9TORYG8EY4RF9/component/media-monitor
    --

--
    -- There appears to be a problem with your Airtime
    installation.
    -- Please visit
    http://wiki.sourcefabric.org/x/HABQ

Post edited by Jeremy Monroe at 2015-01-03 14:21:19
  • Change mydomain.com to your IP and it will probably work
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • But doesnt that go against setting upa  FQDN and setting the proper names in the hosts file and api_client.cfg file?
  • I had to make adjustments to my vhost again to point to the correct server. mydomain.com is in there still and working so that wasnt it. Thanks for the suggestion though! Greatly appreciate the help.
  • Hopefully last question before I can actually use the thing lol

PHP Warning:  get_headers(http://mydomain.com:80): failed to open stream: Connection timed out in /usr/lib/airtime/utils/airtime-check-system.php on line 100

Why do you think it cannot find the stream
  • is that actually what you got? or did you change the real domain name for mydomain.com for the purpose of posting?

No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • That was for the sake of posting. I forgot to hardcode the ip on the server nic and so the router was giving it whatever ip address. Now its fixed.

Okay...now this may be a real dumb question but I have two more....one is, I have changed the data on the S1 and url and all that but its not changing when i go to mydomain.com:8000 and look at the icecast stats page.

Second dumb question is...where is the actual link to listen to the music I have loaded into the tibrary? becaue going to mydomain.com just brings me to airtime login page and mydomain.com:8000 brings me to icecast server page.
  • Nevermind I see that too. I am trying to see why the changes werent made from airtime_128 to my entry of listen and also None of the changes I made to say My Radio instead of Airtime Radio! took. Which files is it that I need to change? I thought it was just the icecast.xml, airtime.conf, and liquidsoap.cfg.
  • I almost had a heart attack. LOL I was sitting here staring at the screen and looking at files...and I guess the music finally encoded or whatever and station went on air and started blasting music!

I was not expecting that because it was 15 minutes into the show I created before any music started and I had a tab open with the url, but nothing was ever playing.

I guess I need to add the url to my site using like a jplayer or something as suggested.