AutoDJ+Jingles: Help Needed
  • Hi,

Ever since installing Airtime I have not been able to get it to do a repeating show (like an AutoDJ), so I have been manually creating shows. There were some instructions on here on how to do this but I wasn't able to get it working. I'm also having an issue where when creating a smartblock, there's about 30 minutes within the 24 hour period with no songs populated, so I am having to manually add these with every show and it's getting to be too tedious. So, here's is what I want is very simple: A 24 hour AutoDJ with 1 jingle that plays at the top of every hour. Is this possible?

Would just using Liquidsoap without Airtime be a better option? I'm under the impression that since Liquidsoap has no database as does Airtime, that everytime you add songs to the library you would have to create a new playlist, and throwing a tune on here and there with Liquidsoap would be more of a challange because you would have to create a new playlist. Or, is there a way around this? I was really hoping for an update to Airtime by the end of this year, but it looks as though it's not going to happen.
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • By the way, the whole 24 hour "problem" would be eliminated if Airtime devs got rid of the constraints of making everybody fit everything into a 24 hour window. I've written about this before; it makes no sense that there are even "shows" to begin with, and they're not able to be 96 hours, 400 hours, or whatever. Why a "show" has to be exactly 24 hours does not make any sense.
  • There are two version  of Airtime

1. Paid or Pro Version which is supported by the Airtime Team.They provide you with all the concerns you will have to run an effective Radio station.They are willing to work with anyone to have you satisfied.There is also a chat and other customer support.So if anyone who are serious about radio will chose this path
    2. The Open Source Version,where a number of us try to help others to customize this open source version.You can customized from the web interface all the way to the Autodj.We are like the virtual devs,we listen to your concerns and work along with you to have you satisfied.We are not affiliated to Airtime but are skilled in various Areas to meet a wide range of features even like the tune in API.

If You chose to use the Open Source ,then you might find a few challenges but as long as you are willing to roll up your sleeves then you might be happy at the out come.

You might want to try out this Open Source development here https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/17017/several-hacksmods-for-live-metadata-auto-dj-force-deletion-charting-etc-against-2-5-1-ga

or come with an idea and we will help you.

If you come to Complain,May the force be with you.

All in All,I am thankful for the software  by the development team and until anyone who want to enjoy streaming wants help.There are many tutorial in the Hacks section Enjoy.

Learn to Fish not be given a fish each time you need one and that is what open source is all above.

Enjoy Airtime

VOISSES

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Thanks for that info. So it looks like this link would be what I'm looking for:

https://github.com/kenrestivo/Airtime/compare/live-metadata

Do I have to rebuild Airtime with those packages, or can I just update a few files by replacing them?