Several hacks/mods for live metadata, auto-dj, force-deletion, charting, etc, against 2.5.1-ga
  • Here are several hacks to 2.5.1-ga, ranging from trivial to quite difficult, written over the past several years, and which have been in production for up to several years now.

Stacks the charts to show totals:

Forces deletion of files, even if they are buried in a SmartBlock somewhere that you'd never find them:

Allow hidden shows that are not displayed in the public schedule (i.e. for autodj smartblocks):

Finally, a huge patch that handles live metadata, saves live dj sets, and provides an auto-dj jukebox if nothing is scheduled: 

Thanks to Airtime for developing this platform, and to Liquidsoap and OCaml for making it all possible. I'd issue pull requests but these are against the most recent release of Airtime.
    Post edited by muhoo at 2014-10-23 14:39:52
  • 9 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    Thanks to share !
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    wooow, so nice!
    thanksalot!
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • What is the metod of installation?

Only replace the files given?
  • Method 1

For almost all  direct installation from github

• First you need to clone the GIT
    • Use whatever method to install
    I will show you this method
    Lets Say I want to download and Install the official Airtime https://github.com/sourcefabric/Airtime
    using my download folder ~/Download

Debian / Ubuntu
    • You need GIT                                               sudo apt-get install git
    • now download and clone the  package            git clone https://github.com/sourcefabric/Airtime
    • Now go to the download Airtime folder you will see README instructions
    • For Airtime  you will just
    1.  cd install_full/ubuntu
    2. sudo ./airtime-full-install

I think the instructions for the repository you stated above is the same since it is a fork

Method 2

If you want to also developed your application on your github simultaneously you could setup your own account and repository and forked the application use this as reference

Wish You Luck

VOISSES

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2015-01-28 20:28:31
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Voisses, do you mind if I split up this omnibus patch into several different ones, so we can see if we can get them accepted into the mainline? I'll work this out on a fork and get back to you on it; I would want you to have the credit!
  • not my work.
    Some things I do not like for example the remove of the transitions it makes airtime seems rough at chage over
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • Hello does someone get the juckbox to work ?

• many others here

search for jukebox ,silence ,fail in the search tab
  • many others here

search for jukebox ,silence ,fail in the search tab