Player HTML5
  • Hi, Guys

I have developed one player in html5(Webapp) available for any platform including mobile.

The architecture is based on Airtime API
    /api/live-info

Features
    - Play and Stop
    - Info Artist, Music and Album Cover Art
    - Support album tag Last.fm
    - Support album own database
    - Support Shoutcast and Icecast

Updates to the music and the intervals are made ??from the agenda of Airtime and Icecast or Shoutcast not seen as usual. With this option it is possible to have redundant links to the end customer.

I am finishing up the project but who want to contact you to see a demo, please send a private message.

Post edited by Andrey Podshivalov at 2014-03-25 07:33:44
  • 39 Comments sorted by
  • Answering the last question, Icecast servers is still experimental works 100% with Shoutcast.
  • good job!!

i will send to you a pm for testing!
  • In the coming weeks we will provide a version for Android environment, stay tuned on this post.
  • Hi, our developers are fantastic, look at an Alpha version for mobile devices.

https://build.phonegap.com/apps/845645/share

Despite the availability on other platforms, the player was tested only for Android

Tell us your experience!

Enjoy!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    Hi IBorn,
    I don't understand why but my post have gone ;-)

I understand how you have develop your app, but how do you grab pictures ?
    do you call a distant php instance, or do you use a "magical" js api ?

thanks
  • Its used API
    name of this API ?
  • API Own
    thanks ;-)

it's yours ?
    not available ?
    Post edited by Albert FR at 2014-04-02 03:13:58
  • Hi, All

With the new updates, the player now includes support for the platforms below, check the prices of the beta version by sending a particular message.

- Radionomy
    - Shoutcast Native

Other Features
    - Support album tag iTunes
    - Share Facebook

Enjoy
    Post edited by IBorn Set at 2014-06-02 07:27:30
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    nice one - would you mind sharing for this public?
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Its Not Freeware or Open Source
    You goto pay
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Airtime is totally free and opensource, but if you want an APP customized and available for iOS and Android player but there is a cost.
  • Other free players that can do this are available.
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  •  Hi, John Chewter

I agree with you have several utlilizar for free, but this design is for those who really need something customized and published in some marketplace such as Google Play and Apple Store.

Bye
    John Chewter
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich

Other free players that can do this are available.

+1
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Wooo wooo I can haz TuneIn extinguisher??
  • Hi, Roger

No understand

• mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:
    "Times New Roman";mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;color:#1F497D;mso-themecolor:
    dark2">I dont understand all this fuss.

http://www.deprogrammedradio.com/
    Look and understand? Goes way beyond that. Public domain - made by me.
    Post edited by John Chewter at 2014-06-03 21:18:16
  • John -- where's your HTML5 player? Firefox is asking to install Flash... :(
  • Mine is a chameleon. It reads the clients user agent, op sys and much more. It will try and use flash if it is available for your device and platform - eg some Androids are quite happy to to use flash and some not. It has a fallback tree, has 3 player modes and the last one is HTML5. If its misidentifying your device then I would like to hear about it. We tested about 15 of them - so maybe you found some combo that we missed? Any input welcome, especially as it is being further expanded to take advantage of some coming 2.5.2 features.
  • Interesting! FF 29.0.1 + OSX 10.9.3, good sir. Can it handle HLS?
  • what is the actual device name eg IPAD 5
  • Shouldn't matter, right? :)

OSX covers all notebooks and desktops minus that teeny tiny iOS fleet.
  • yes it does
    flash is disabled in most portable osx devices for 6 months or more now
    Post edited by John Chewter at 2014-06-04 14:10:15
  • anyway - what is it?
    If your opsys & device do support flash - it is working correctly and probably just needs Flash installing

Post edited by John Chewter at 2014-06-04 14:48:28
  •  intentionally stopped shipping Flash on all OSX devices (notebooks + desktops) years ago! This was done in the name of security. Though to be sure, sanity was a factor, too.

Anyhoo, prune your tree ;)
  • IBorn Set said:

Hi, Roger

No understand

Many 'casters would trip over themselves to support an app that matches (and hopefully exceeds) tunein's pro functionality. Especially without all of this social nonsense few want and nobody asked for.

Of course, the Fruit Co has their own native app now and just bought another. And lest we forget, the droid store's official me-too app isn't far behind. :(
  • OK. Your op/sys version supports Flash. This is confirmed - where Apple decided to ship it or not.. Therefore, it decided to try to use it and prompt you to install it. You chose not to - so it failed. Is that about it?
  • The easiest way to reach Safari users on virtually any flavor of OSX or iOS is a simple <audio> tag, friend. :)
  • It maybe. I followed the Mac whitepaper.
  • Woah, a Mac whitepaper where? Interesting!

Mozilla says the HTML5 <audio> tag is supported on IE mobile and desktop. That's a direct high-fidelity audio pipeline sans obsolete browser plug-ins on WPs, tablets, plus good machines graced by the presence of King Vii and even wee Prince Viii. Ignoring the now adrift-on-an-iceberg XP -- that's some fairly broad real world market support, yeah? :)
    Post edited by Roger Wilco at 2014-06-04 19:18:19
  • It was all about being compatable with with the greatest number of opsys and browsers including very old ones - going way back. Now if you dont like it - please don't use it. It would work on your mac if you followed the instruction. The header sent to me would have defined the machine as being flash capable, according to the table provided by Apple. If I forced the audio tag on an old machine it would not work, so I decided to use a 3 player solution. Flash, Silverlight and HTML5, in that order, falling back one after the other. The only complain I got from end users about it not playing was from one guy in Laos who seems connected to the net by damp string - and that was a bufferening issue.

• You asked for help so I'm helping. You're obviously thinking about it all wrong. Why end with HTML5 when you should start with it? Forcing potential listeners to install an obsolete Adobe product in 2014 is indeed nutty. :)

Still <3 your spirit though! :x
  • One problem for that is..... I found on a few OLD test machines showed an html5 player and couldnt find any installed codec for it. Notably Opera and older Firefox. Which is why i did it the other way around.

• Don't sweat an old browser literally nobody uses. And Firefox users are generally brave enough and smart enough to update their browser every once in a while. Problem solved. :)
  • You didnt do the fail soft course then :D

• Nope... just a humble super senior at the University of Hard Knocks :-\"
  • :D