New client: ##### Client ##### disconnected.
  • Apparently this is an issue that goes way back to the older versions of Airtime ( http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/15412/unidentified-problem/p1 ). My
    /var/log/airtime/pypo-liquidsoap/ls_script.log is spammed with this message:

2014/01/15 21:31:32 [server:3] New client: #####.
    2014/01/15 21:31:32 [server:3] Client ##### disconnected.
    2014/01/15 21:31:42 [server:3] New client: #####.
    2014/01/15 21:31:42 [server:3] Client ##### disconnected.
    2014/01/15 21:31:52 [server:3] New client: #####.
    2014/01/15 21:31:52 [server:3] Client ##### disconnected.
    2014/01/15 21:32:02 [server:3] New client: #####.
    2014/01/15 21:32:02 [server:3] Client ##### disconnected.
    2014/01/15 21:32:12 [server:3] New client: #####.
    2014/01/15 21:32:12 [server:3] Client ##### disconnected.

And I am guessing this indicates a problem. What could be the cause of this error? Why is airtime disconnected?
  • 1 Comment sorted by
  • "Apparently this is an issue that goes way back to the older versions of Airtime"

Just to clarify this is a normal debug log.

If You edit your ls_script and change the log level you will see what is happening.
    The default log level is set at 3,so put this

set("log.level",6)

near the top  in the set category, restart your script and read your log ,it will tell what its doing
    Just a synopsis,it will check the master habor,the dj harbor and files, when its finished it says disconnect,but to be correct it really just restart checking again.

now if you go back to edit the script  and set the log to 2,you will not see this debug  information again so

set("log.level",2)

So the long and short of it

set("log.level",3)  gives debug log with condense information of files,and harbor connections (default)
    set("log.level",2)  removes debug log
    set("log.level",6)  verbose log.

If it annoys you set("log.level",2), and the disadvantage is  you lose condense information of files,and harbor connections

VOISSES

Can You Hear me Now

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.