underrun. Maybe it helps someone else
  • I had this situation : I've setted up 3 streams: 2 24 hours streams and one 7 hours, I've scheduled them to play for 2 or three hours a day each. I ve noticed that after a few days Airtime stopped playing the scheduled web stream after a few minutes. At first I noticed alsa underruns on the log files. After searching a bit I've found that the underrun message was normal. What was really happening was that after a few minutes of playing the scheduled show something was messed up and airtime was trying to play another stream which wasn't scheduled on the show nor was active at the time. So there was nothing to play thus the alsa underrun error on the liquidsoap. I've deleted the "problematic" web stream and fixed all my web streams with one hour duration and placed them in one hour shows. It seems to work fine. I do not know if anyone else experieces the same situation. But it took me a while to find out what was happening , so there it is..
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Doubt this is a one fix suit all

Alsa requires a lot of tweaking and can at time act unexpected.

underuns are latency,frames,buffers and cache are just some of the related problem and issues.

But Might Help.

Voisses
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Is this 2.51?
    Post edited by John Chewter at 2014-01-03 16:09:36
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • You are right. And in fact this does not address an alsa problem. In fact the alsa error was justified because it was trying to play an non active stream so there was no input. It was the streaming schedule which got messed up and played something that it wasn't supposed to be on air at that particular time. But what strikes the eye viewing at the log files was the alsa underrun error. This can be frustrating and confusing. The bottom line is that an alsa error can be caused by something else. Sorry if that wasn't clear on my part..

• John Chewter : yes it is on a 10.04 ubuntu though...