jackd with liquidsoap
  • is there any way to have jackd running with liquid soap, heres my scenario i have a plugin called stereotool (www.sterotool.com) its an audio plugin that enhance sound i can run it in vst or stand alone it produces pretty good audio quality i am trying to figure out how ot have it run with the liquidsoap audio engine not sure how to though, any help would be good i found a few link to a jackd liquidsoap combo not sure how to go about it though https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/raring/+package/liquidsoap-plugin-jack
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    this should be possible with liquidsoap

• input.jack
      (?id:string,?buffer_size:int,?clock_safe:bool,
      ?server:string)->source(audio='#a+1,video=0,midi=0)

Get stream from jack.

• id (string – defaults to ""): Force the value of the source ID.

• buffer_size (int – defaults to 2): Set buffer size, in frames. Must be >= 1.

• clock_safe (bool – defaults to true): Force the use of the dedicated bjack clock.

• server (string – defaults to ""): Jack server to connect to.
    see here http://savonet.sourceforge.net/doc-svn/reference.html

cheers
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • not sure how i would do this i'm a newbie
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    You want to mess around with Airtime's Liquidsoap instance?

if you want to mess around with airtime-liquidsoap, you have to edit ls_script.liq

see more here http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/15701/fallover-101-how-to-make-all-scripts-worked-easy-steps-to-build-your-scripts-fixed-silence#Item_17

cheers

Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • "jackd with liquidsoap".

Never taught of this and its great that you brought it up.
    You see I used the IDJC,which supports jack and thats how I used it previously to stream rivendell,now you give me a thought.

I have an hack whereby when you select the Airtime Hardware Output it populates the Input also with the same device ,you could also use say the Third GUI for the stream and the details you input would become the input stream details. This would change the code I wrote for the Input and allow you to select the various Input/Output device.

Its now nice to include Jack.
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    I will test later.

V.O.I.S.S.E.S.

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2013-10-01 06:59:01
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • yea would be great so i could run that stereotool plugin in stand alone all i would have to do i choose the sound device