Multiple Instances Of Airtime
  • Before I attempt this - one for video

Are there any big holes to avoid?
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • Abort Mission ,Take cover 

you will make Liquidsoap,RabbitMq and Monit Mad.

The GUI interface for Airtime might just give you the Nod but How will you handle the clocks for Liquidsoap.

I might sound crazy but you might can create a liq and add it to ls_script but ...... by that I mean use the single instance of Liquidsoap.

Maybe You have a plan so give us your thought,I would not mind doing something like this
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Will do some tests. It would seem possible to do, if tricky. The Canova guys do similar with many AutoDJs streaming from different customers.

How does Airtime Pro handle many customers? VPS maybe?

From: Voisses Tech [mailto:airtime-support@lists.sourcefabric.org]
    Sent: 03 August 2013 18:25
    To: John Chewter
    Subject: [Airtime Support] Re: Multiple Instances Of Airtime

Abort Mission ,Take cover

you will make Liquidsoap,RabbitMq and Monit Mad.

The GUI interface for Airtime might just give you the Nod but How will you handle the clocks for Liquidsoap.

I might sound crazy but you might can create a liq and add it to ls_script but ...... by that I mean use the single instance of Liquidsoap.

Maybe You have a plan so give us your thought,I would not mind doing something like this

• I found 2 relevant posts:

http://savonet.sourceforge.net/doc-svn/cookbook.html

Transcoding

Liquidsoap can achieve basic streaming tasks like transcoding with ease. You input any number of “source” streams using input.http, and then transcode them to any number of formats / bitrates / etc. The only limitation is your hardware: encoding and decoding are both heavy on CPU. Also keep in mind a limitation inherent to OCaml: one Liquidsoap instance can only use a single processor or core. You can easily work around this limitation by launching multiple Liquidsoap instances, and thus take advantage of that 8-core Xeon server laying around in the dust in your garage.

------------------------------------------------