Exporting Schedule on the second and third stream
  • After some doing and strangeness I got the schedule export to work using the javascripts.  Now I want to export the schedule of the second and third streams which will play a different set of content. BTW the main issues where getting the apache vhost and sourcedomains to resolve correctly. There's more to it than that but that's a summary.
  • 7 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich

Now I want to export the schedule of the second and third streams which will play a different set of content.

Hey Gary,
    how do you do this?
    With multiple Airtime-Installations and one Icecast-Server?
    cheers, hoerich
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    with liquidsoap is possible, but not with airtime for the moment...
    of course if you have multiple instances ...
  • I rescind my question, not going to happen.
  • @Albert FR

Theoretically With liquidsoap !

Practically with multiple mounts icecast !

pragmatic with  Airtime ?

@ Gary Woodroffe

Put [Resolved] in the Header
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    ???

sorry, I don't understand exactly what you want to explain Voisses...
  • I took a bottom to top approach to see what the writer wants to achieve

The writer -@Gary Woodroffe

The writer's main objective:      will play a different set of content.  - Liquidsoap related
    The writer's Secondary objective: the second and third streams     - Icecast/shoutcast mount point* related
    The writer's teritary objective:  want to export the schedule               - Airtime Related

Theoretically With liquidsoap !
    "one Liquidsoap instance can only use a single processor or core. You can easily work around this limitation by launching multiple Liquidsoap instances, and thus take advantage of that 8-core Xeon server laying around in the dust in your garage." source: http://savonet.sourceforge.net/doc-svn/cookbook.html -transcoding - I have no xeon server or garage

Practically with multiple mounts icecast !
    "Each icecast server can house multiple broadcasts (or mountpoints) each containing a separate stream of content. A listener can only listen to a single mountpoint at a time. This means you can have a single icecast server contain either multiple broadcasts with different content, or possibly the same broadcast but with streams of different bitrates or qualities. "  source : http://www.icecast.org/docs/icecast-2.2.0/icecast2_basicsetup.html   and [Shoutcast V2 features http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=317230].

pragmatic with  Airtime ?
    The Airtime synopsis would require you to either have different users with different calendars or some collabaritive calendar approach where there can be two or more instances of the calendar hence multiple playlist,hence mutiple now playing blocks.
    This is why I am saying it would take more than a simple approach to implement the Airtime aspect
    ( I may be wrong).

The Apache/virtual host aspect not clear to me because you could easily achieve this with jquery eliminating the added complication and also use exsisting liquidsoap appraches

I hope anyone reading this and my other posts will understand that,I am so enthuasitic about Airtime that my only hope is to look at each suggestion and give my input that you could see the diffuclty I envision and as long as you have a work around you should go for it.
    in fact I am levelling "constructive critisism"

You should never abondon or quit but outline your workflows with others and my concern.

My suggestion would be to create an Auxillary type deck and decide whether these will go directly to different streams or utilize the switch concept of Liquidsoap

Voisses

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2013-08-13 10:57:26
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    IMHO there are a lot higher demanded features open to run a single radio station.

just my 2 cents
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.