Airtime + SAM Broadcaster + Skype work but No Metadata
  • Hello folks,

I am looking to get my hobby to the next level and want to start working on some Live shows where people can call in via Skype. Also if I want to have a co-host they can be somewhere across the globe and still be able to co-host the show.

The setup:

1) Airtime Pro hosted solution - This is the bulk of my station since live shows will be rare. I have been using Airtime Pro for 3 months and love it so far. This I use mostly for automation when there is nothing Live.

2) SAM Broadcaster - This is for streaming Live shows

3) Skype - For taking Live calls or for a co-host

4) Virtual Audio Cables - This is for creating a link (bridge?) between Skype and SAM so that the output of both and the input of my mic will be routed to the stream. (I guess that's as best as I can describe it, I am not a technical person)

5) I managed to figure out how to get SAM to stream into Airtime's master source, it works very well.

The Problem:

The problem is that when I stream into Airtime's master source via SAM no metadata is displayed on the shoutcast server page. Also on my website which uses a script to display the shoutcast info it does not display the song and artist information. 

Is there a way to work around this? I am pretty sure I have just done something wrong. Please be aware that I cannot modify any Airtime scripts as what I have is Airtime Pro. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • Bump. 

Anyone have any advice? I am having to do a live show today and I still cannot figure out this issue. I am probably going to cancel my Airtime Pro account and find another solution. 
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Cliff WangCliff Wang
    Unfortunately, Airtime.pro is on 2.3.1 for now, which doesn't support sending track's metadata from Master Live Stream to output. We'd like to have it enabled in the future release. :)
    Cloud Radio -> http://airtime.pro
  • Cliff, when you say future release do you mean 2.4 which Pro users have been told would be upgraded to this week or future release as in another release down the line? The metadata is very important for licensing so it is a must have.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Cliff WangCliff Wang
    Not in 2.4.0 because it's already released. But devs will bring this feature into action soon.
    Cloud Radio -> http://airtime.pro
  • What a real shame. This is a VERY important thing for paying royalties and any online radio station really. I am not sure, I think I might have to cancel my Airtime Pro subscription and look for another solution. 
  • shoutcast meta data can be parse through either  http://yourstream:port/7.html or http://yourstream:port/9.htm,I am not quite so sure just of the top of my head

So I think you could do some manipulation of the page to display the data.

I will check more on this and report back soon.

Also @Jorge Lopez do not get upset if something do not work at first and suggest you might cancel your subscription,I think you should work on a best fit.

I think they are multiple ways of reporting meta-tags and for live show ,I think there is a pal script that can be done.I think if you check fester  over at SAMS  Forum he could tell you more.(have not used SAMs in a while though)

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.