Booktype and cover images
  • Hello,

Booktype looks great and opens up all kinds of ideas for collaborative publishing that I hadn't previously thought of. However, I've been playing around with the demo, and I can't seem to find a way to add a cover image to my book that will appear in a screen pdf. Ideally I'd like the whole first page to be filled by the cover image. Is there a way to do this, and if not is this feature likely to be added in the future?

Thanks,
    Nathan
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • hi

This will be added in the forthcoming versions, I hope before the end of
    the year. we will have a clear roadmap with this on it in the next week or
    two.

in the meantime you can do this manually using a desktop tool.
    what operating system do you use?

adam

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 1:03 PM, nlt_1840 <<br />booktype-support@lists.sourcefabric.org> wrote:

> Hello,
    >
    > Booktype looks great and opens up all kinds of ideas for collaborative
    > publishing that I hadn't previously thought of. However, I've been playing
    > around with the demo, and I can't seem to find a way to add a cover image
    > to my book that will appear in a screen pdf. Ideally I'd like the whole
    > first page to be filled by the cover image. Is there a way to do this, and
    > if not is this feature likely to be added in the future?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Nathan
    >
    >
  • Any update on this?  Surely there is a fairly straightforward way to change the cover image for a book.  Right now, I just get the image of the books with the tagline, "The Contributors".

I just got started with BookType today and its been great, but I haven't seen anything for editing the cover image.  Thanks so much.

Andrew
  • How can I do it manually in Windows 7?

Thanks.
  • You want to install it on Windows 7? Booktype and Objavi are not supported on Windows platform. Booktype could work on Windows (there is win32 port of redis, there is win32 postgresql, there is support for needed libraries) but it has not been tested and who knows what you would need to change to make it work. Objavi would not work. If you want to have it on Windows there is always option of running it inside of Virtual machine.

Aco