Total n00b questions
  • I'm an experienced broadcast DJ from the days of vinyl, who got out of the business years ago, as it was going downhill. I'm trying out various internet radio platforms before I commit to one. I'm pretty impressed with Airtime and am thinking about spending the money for Airtime Pro, if it does what I want. I do have some questions though;
    1) airtime pro offers a service with 2 streams. In the interface I don't see any way to access the second stream.What exactly doe the second stream buy me?
    2) Is there really no way to remove a song from the playlist of a current (now playing) show besides deleting it? Really?
    3) how do I intervene in a scheduled show for set breaks, etc? Is it possible?
    4) is there some sort of autodj function? It kind of looks like I should be able to do it with dynamic boxes, but the method isn't obvious.

That's enough for now, but I'm sure there'll be more later.
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Josh McLainJosh McLain

1) airtime pro offers a service with 2 streams. In the interface I don't see any way to access the second stream.What exactly doe the second stream buy me?
    The second stream should be accessible from the System -> Streams menu and you should see all of the streams you have. Two streams allows you to broadcast at different bitrates, so one for people with a good connection and another for mobile users.

2) Is there really no way to remove a song from the playlist of a current (now playing) show besides deleting it? Really?
    Deleting it from the show doesn't delete it from the library.

3) how do I intervene in a scheduled show for set breaks, etc? Is it possible?
    You schedule them into your show.

4) is there some sort of autodj function? It kind of looks like I should be able to do it with dynamic boxes, but the method isn't obvious.
    Setting up dynamic smart blocks would be your best bet. I made a video on it a while back you can find here:

Let us know if you have other questions.

-Josh

Post edited by Josh McLain at 2014-09-11 14:18:46
  • Thanks Josh.
    So the second stream is just another output of the same content. Makes sense
    If deleting the song from the playlist doesn't delete the song, then it shouldn't probably use the garbage can icon. the scissors icon that is disabled when the show is live would probably be better

I'm sorry, but I just don't see a way to program an intervention into the playlist. The Add Content show and Now Playing windows don't have any button or object I can see that I can manipulate into the playlist.

Oh, do I have to set up live input first? That would make sense.