Airtime not switching input automatically
  • Hello all,

Not pleased with Airtime at the moment. We have liquidsoap setup to play out a random song when off air.
    Now, soon after we reboot the system we cannot get our master source to auto-switch like it used to.
    We are unsure why and what it is causing this. All looks OK and everything is running normally.

This has ruined our station schedule and I would be pleased if someone knew why this is happening.

Thanks,

Josh
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    Hi Josh,
    what happens if you use the original ls_script.liq?
    Is the auto-switch working then?
    fg
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Yep, works perfectly with the ls_script.liq supplied with airtime.

Not sure what is wrong as the script we use currently used to work perfectly.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Voisses TechVoisses Tech
    use this

sudo /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/airtime-liquidsoap  /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/liquidsoap_scripts/ls_script.liq

to check your script.It will tell you your errors.

If you use this

http://wiki.sourcefabric.org/display/CC/Playing+Jingles+or+Ads+on+15+Minute+Intervals

or this

http://wiki.sourcefabric.org/display/CC/Playing+Random+Songs+on+Silence

You need to properly define the variable default.

See my  basic 101 series for how to define the default

My thoughts is that your fallback is not properly done

My script is comprehensive can even run on its own and everything works ok

VOISSES.
    Can you Hear Me Now.
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2014-05-19 06:04:39
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Right, everything works fine, the only issue is that Airtime seems to disconnect after about 5 minutes of connection.

So, it will work fine at first, but then after a while it will disconnect from the stream, however the stream source is still working fine. It does not disconnect me from the source, but the source does not to output to the main output now.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Voisses TechVoisses Tech

Right, everything works fine, the only issue is that Airtime seems to disconnect after about 5 minutes of connection.

So, it will work fine at first, but then after a while it will disconnect from the stream, however the stream source is still working fine. It does not disconnect me from the source, but the source does not to output to the main output now.

This is vague.

How do you know that Airtime is disconnecting every 5 minutes? Is the stream output dead every 5 minutes? Are you listening from a media player that disconnect every 5 minutes?

What is " it" that is disconnecting?

What main output  are disconnecting?

"It does not disconnect me from the source, but the source does not to output to the main output now?" Explain 

So Lets look at troubleshooting.

• You should always backup your script before you make any amendment to the script
    • Always run  sudo /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/airtime-liquidsoap  /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/liquidsoap_scripts/ls_script.liq  when you have made a change to check for errors before you restart the script(put it in effect).

This topic is covered here

Now look at your logs for exceptions and these logs are

• sudo pico /var/log/icecast2/access.log  (also your error log is important)
    • sudo pico /var/log/airtime/pypo-liquidsoap/ls_script.log

if you see something like this

2014/05/29 12:47:10 [server:3] New client: localhost.
    2014/05/29 12:47:10 [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.

This is normal

It just the communication between your server and scripts .What you are looking for is statements that say the logs end,the stream stopped etc. That is as I said exceptions.

My recommendations to troubleshoot are found here  

You should also look at the manual covered here http://sourcefabric.booktype.pro/airtime-25-for-broadcasters/troubleshooting/

You should also read

• This Post 
    • And re-read the amendment to the wiki, I have made

Good Luck

VOISSES

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.