Installation on Iomega iConnect
  • So I am wanting to check out Airtime to see if it will do what I want for a station project of mine. I have been looking all over at different radio automation packages and nothing really 'clicks'. Airtime hits a few good notes for me but need to take a firsthand look for the last few things.

Anyways, I currently don't have any free desktop machines to set up for Airtime but i can spare some resources on an existing Windows box if necessary. I do have an Iomega iConnect I have been kicking around as a 'screwing around with' box. It sits along similar lines as the Raspberry Pi just no native Audio/Video functions. 1Ghz ARM processor, 512MB ram, 4 USB 2.0 ports, native pci-express gigabit ethernet and N Wifi. Currently running Debian Wheezy. Been attempting to get Airtime installed and it seems like it goes ok but I always end up in the same spot holding me back:

W: Failed to fetch http://apt.sourcefabric.org/dists/wheezy/Release  Unable to find expected entry 'main/binary-armel/Packages' in Release file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)

Which keeps me from installing the main airtime package obviously. I've tried finding what documentation there has been about RPi installations but not succeeding yet. So far this has been on the easy install method. AmI looking at going the manual install route here or is there something else I am missing?

Thanks.
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up1Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    packages are only for x86 ans amd64 architectures
    you must install airtime with the .tar.gz
  • Thanks. That's what I kinda thought when I looked at the sourcefabric repo but I wanted to verify. Looks like I'll be cleaning up the install and starting from scratch here soon and see where it goes. :)
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    you can find some packages anyway
    like erlang, apache, postgresql, audio codecs, etc.

if you want install the last beta of 2.4 use a targz version of icecast2

good luck ;-)
  • Matt - I would suggest creating a VirtualBox VM for this. You can run it on one of your PC's and even set it as a "headless" that just runs in the background. Set the network adapter for the VM as bridged then it's available anywhere on your network.

You'd use the web interface for programming shows and etc. as designed and then ssh to do machine maintenance and etc.

Much easier than reinventing the wheel. :D
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    virtualbox is only for x86 processors...
  • Fully aware of that. Trying to save him some time playing with hardware/software so he has some more time to play music  :-)) =))