Two problems...
  • Hi all.

I've just installed Airtime for the first time and I have two problems:
    * I can upload files but they are not available to be added to a show. I checked that they are actually on the server and they are... but I can't pick them up from the web interface.
    * I am trying to set up Airtime so that it streams all the output to an Icecast server of some friends of mine... despite all the connection parameters (username, password, mountpoint etc) being correct, it keeps on saying "Getting information from the server..."

I run the command "sudo airtime-check-system" and it says: "-- Your installation of Airtime looks OK!"

I don't know what else I can do to check that everything is working fine...

What kind of information should I give you in order to get help??

Thanks!
    Post edited by kYuZz at 2012-10-03 16:55:06
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Cliff WangCliff Wang
    Hi, kYuZz,

Can I have more information?

For problem 1, did you see them in Media Library?

For problem 2, you may need to check several elements, such as ping the icecast server, check the icecast.xml file, and /var/log/icecast2/error.log, etc.
    Cloud Radio -> http://airtime.pro
  • Hi Cliff,

thank for replying.

About problem 1:
    • I uploaded 3 MP3 files using the "Add media" section. They are not showing up neither in the "Playlist builder" nor when I select a show in the calendar and try to add content.
    • Under "System > Media Folders" it says "Current Import Folder: /srv/airtime/stor/";
    • I checked on the file system and I can see all the 3 MP3 files I uploaded under /srv/airtime/stor/organize; they belong to www-data:www-data and the permissions are -rw-r--r--; the "problem_files" directory is empty.

About problem 2:

• I would like to stream music from Airtime to an external Icecast server. I double checked that all the parameters are correct, but under "System > Streams" it keeps on saying "Getting information from the server..." forever.
    • The following two lines are added every 5 seconds to the file /var/log/airtime/media-monitor/media-monitor.log:
    2012-10-04 20:05:46,766 ERROR - [MainThread] [api_client.py : get_response_from_server()] : LINE 177 - Error Authenticating with remote server: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
    2012-10-04 20:05:46,766 ERROR - [MainThread] [api_client.py : get_response_from_server()] : LINE 183 - Error connecting to server, waiting 5 seconds and trying again.
    Please note that my installation is a fresh/clean... I used the automatic installer and I didn't put in place any special configuration...

Help is _VERY_ appreciated.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    you have a problem of name resolution

for example :
    if your airtime is installed on toto.example.org

do an dpkg-reconfigure airtime (console mode)
    when the domain is required, give toto.example.org (for icecast too)

and verify your /etc/hosts
    you must have the ip adress of the server and the domain name
    for example :

1.2.3.4  toto.example.org
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Cliff WangCliff Wang
    @kYuZz,
    Did you disable the default Apache site during Airtime installation?
    Cloud Radio -> http://airtime.pro
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    yep !
    but if you want to have another website on the same server manuals manipulations are mandatories

Post edited by Albert FR at 2012-10-05 03:44:34
  • I solved both problems, thanks!