Repeating content
  • Hi All,

I saw more thna one request for a "content repeating" feature and I also discovered in the Dev area that something like that is on the run.

Would you please update us about the timeline?

We're trying to schedule a migration from our present enviroment to our Airtime installation but day by day we're facing an hard and boring work copying content.

Thanks.

Dario
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Hey I've taken a couple quick screenshots to help give a feel for the new timeline.

You can see in the first pic (timeline.png) That the timeline will offer you a way to see a window of time in your schedule with the date selection on top. I've also filtered by a show my "Morning Show" which repeats monday 9am mon-fri.

I've made a playlist (Example Playlist)

By clicking the checkbox in the header row of the table on the left it will automatically select all the "show empty" places and then I have selected my one playlist on the left. If I click the "Add" button in the library at the top this will add this playlist to all the selected shows at the same time. You can see in timeline2.png that my Morning Show on the 20, 21, 22 etc all have the same content scheduled in them so far. Of course you can choose multiple playlists from the left to schedule, it doesn't have to be one at a time or you can just schedule audio files directly.

In timeline3.png I've decided to add the two audio files selected in the lib after the selected Mogwai songs in the Morning Show on the 20 & 21. Then timeline4.png is showing the results of when I click "Add" again from the top library button bar. You can select as many rows as you want in the timeline to schedule things after and it can be as many audio files/playlists from the library as needed. The show content bottom bar has also turned from a red ! to a green checkmark to indicated the show is fully scheduled and will tell you how much time is now overbooked rather than remaining to be scheduled.

If you have users who are of type "DJ" They will also have the additional choice of saying "All My Shows" as shown below in timeline5.png This way a user only needs to focus on what he/she is allowed to schedule between a certain time period.
    1606 x 745 - 133K
    535 x 787 - 78K
    1570 x 792 - 161K
    650 x 796 - 81K
    585 x 793 - 50K
  • p.s. You're also able to reorder the timeline by dragging items to a new place, and can drag in items from the library (one at a time) to insert in a specific place in the timeline as well.
  • Hi Dario,

I'm not sure if this is what you've had in mind, but we've had a 'record and rebroadcast' feature for some time now. With this feature, you can take the output from your mixing board, connect it to the line input on the PC running Airtime and it will record and rebroadcast items according to the schedule you set.

This is especially useful for rebroadcasting shows that are created directly in the studio, such as talk shows, news programs or DJ sets where the DJ is using their own equipment.

As I understand it, there will be a feature to record all output from any Airtime show for rebroadcast and upload to Soundcloud. This is scheduled for the Airtime 2.1 release in the spring.

Hope this helps,

douglas
    Douglas Arellanes
    Director of Innovation
    Sourcefabric, o.p.s.

Find a way or make one.
  • Hi Douglas, really appriciated.

I understood we can record our live shows, that's clear to me. But our Airtime installation is on a VPS and not on a desktop pc running here in the studio.

We tried to stream directly from here but broadband in Italy and especially in Southern Italy (we're based in Sicily) is not stable so our production enviroment is on a VPS and now also Airtime is.
    So we have not a line input.

I really don't know if some workaround exist so any idea is welcome.

Thank you very much.

Dario
    Station manager - Radio Libriamoci Web