strange liquidsoap issue in Ubunto 14
  • I am having a strange issue..

At boot time, liquidsoap throws an error 111..

However, when I check from airtime-check-system, everything looks fine, and I can start and stop the service and everything looks fine still...

• 1 Comment sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Voisses TechVoisses Tech
    definitely related to  virtual host  not corresponding with the services you have running.

step 1. make sure you are using mp3 or AAC as your Stream type
    Then check all  of these
    /etc/airtime/api-client.conf
    /etc/airtime/airtime.conf
    /etc/apache2/sites-available/airtime-vhost.conf

So in my early days ,I get this problem whenever , I change the /etc/host

this is because debian variants are long change this file and actually to have our dns resolve  properly.you need

127.0.0.1                        localhost
    127.0.1.1                        <your hostname>
    <Your Machine IP>          <your domainname>
     <Your EXT. IP>             <your domainname>

<your host> is the same as <your hostname>.local
    if you do not have  127.0.1.1 dns will never resolved when the machine is offline.This is the loopback interface

You also need to put the local machine interface  to resol

This problem has frustrated me that I have had to re-install

in todays world of firewall and routers ,you honestly do not have to change the etc for most applications and if you do want to change the /etc/host do it before  and test dns before you install the Application.

Remember Airtime like its own dedicated machine

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2017-05-01 03:04:07
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.