How to upgrade from 4.2.4 to 4.3.2 on shared hosting server?
  • Since it is shared hosting server, there is no way to execute php command mentioned in UPGRADE_4_3.md (hosting admins said that):

1. Run php composer.phar dump-autoload --optimize command in ../newscoop/ directory - this will autoload new classes.
    2. Run php application/console assets:install public/ command in ../newscoop/ directory - it will install assets.

Without it, is there any workaround? Importing 4.2 database to new Newscoop is also not posible, and building new site from scratch is not an option.

Thank you!

Hunor Habram

P. S.

It would be great if comments in Russian (or any other languages) have translation in English. :)

And, did you fix subcription issues in 4.3.2?

Thanks one more time!

• 2 Comments sorted by
  • I don't know why the developers have chosen to make it so difficult for websites with shared hosting to use the latest version. I remember when Sourcefabric was called Campware, they always cared about making it usable for everyone. 

Can you try installing it on some other computer, upgrade it there and then copy it back to the hosting computer? 
  • Hello Sebastian!

I remember those days when you uploaded files and everithing was ok. :) Now it is more complicated with every next release. :(

At the end the admins run those lines for me. It is working now, but after short use of new version, I decided to stay on v4.2.4. I will wait for some next versions.