HA environment for production
  • We are looking to build node-base servers and in order of systematizing I am wondering if anyone can state the optimum of system spec.

E.g. 
    icecast node: 
     CPU: 2,5-3GHz
     MEM: 2GB
     NIC: 1-2GB
     HD: 0.5GB

So I need it for the following components (I hope nothing missing):
    icecast=?
    liquidsoap=?
    postgres=?
    rabbitmq=?

www.actionsch.com - Bringing talents in life!
    + Action Radio School +
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • Nobody uses Airtime in PROD?
    + Action Radio School +
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Voisses TechVoisses Tech
    Your Answer is in the manual.http://sourcefabric.booktype.pro/airtime-25-for-broadcasters/preparing-the-server/

The recommended Airtime server platform is Debian 7.2 'wheezy'. Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 'Precise Pangolin' is also supported. Users of other GNU/Linux distributions may be able to adapt these instructions to suit their needs.

The server should have at least a 1GHz processor and 512MB of RAM, preferably 1GB RAM or more. If you are using a desktop environment and web browser directly on the server you should install at least 2GB RAM, to avoid swapping to disk.

The Airtime installation does not use much disk space, but you should allow plenty of storage capacity for the Airtime library. A hot-swap RAID array is recommended for media storage, in case of disk failure. You should also consider a UPS or other battery-powered system to offer some protection against short-term power failures.
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • I am sorry, was not aware about that section in manual... my bad.

Thank you very much! 

Based on this I see I can use: 
    one node for DB and MQ, (we do use many other DBs)
    one (maybe with LB clustered) for Icecast & Liquidsop (as runtime env)
    Airtime and all web apps place at front-end node

Looks like should stand...
    + Action Radio School +