Can't install Newscoop - (Hosting Arvixe)
  • Hello,

I could not install Newscoop. After putting MySQL data into the form it returns only White Screen.

Error log shows next:

[27-Mar-2014 13:29:33 CST6CDT] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'cypriot'@'localhost' (using password: NO)' in /home/cypriot/public_html/test/news/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php:36
    Stack trace:

#0 public_html/test/news/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php(36): PDO->__construct('mysql:charset=U...', NULL, NULL, Array)

#1 public_html/test/news/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOMySql/Driver.php(47): Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOConnection->__construct('mysql:charset=U...', NULL, NULL, Array)

#2 public_html/test/news/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(348): Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOMySql\Driver->connect(Array, NULL, NULL, Array)

#3 public_html/test/news/library/Newscoop/Doctrine/AdoDbAdapter.php(51): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->connect()

#4 public_html/test/news/install/classes/CampInstallationBase.php(921): Newscoop\Doctrine\AdoD in /home/cypriot/public_html/test/news/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php on line 36
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down SaidSaid
    Hi,

Try the following links from this forum (you should be able to get it up and running although I would strongly recommend installing the older version 4.1.2 instead of 4.2.1, which has lots of bugs that have not been fixed).

The folder permissions you need to change for 4.1.2 are in the "shared hosting" posting below (the same permissions need changing for VPS installation).

If it still doesn't install, try changing folder permissions to the root user, since the installer changes them which can also cause errors.

VPS

4.2.1 - Try downloading and installing the release mentioned in this post (this worked for me on a VPS when using the apt repository and github both produced errors):

Shared hosting

• Yep, thank you. It helps!