Icecast: "Current Song: Unknown"
  • Hi Guys!
    I used to use Airtime 2.0.3 for my personal web radio management and I remember that when liquidisoap was playing random tracks from playlist, Icecast showed current songs metedata.
    Yesterday I installed 2.4.1 and I modified ls_script.liq like as:

#default = amplify(id="silence_src", 0.00001, noise())
    rotation = playlist(mode='randomize',reload=1,reload_mode="rounds", "/home/krono/music/rotation/")
    jingles = playlist(mode='randomize',reload=1,reload_mode="rounds", "/home/krono/music/jingles/")
    default = rotate(weights=[1,1], [jingles, rotation])
    ref_off_air_meta = ref off_air_meta
    if !ref_off_air_meta == "" then
        ref_off_air_meta := "Airtime - offline"
    end
    #default = rewrite_metadata([("title", !ref_off_air_meta)], default)
    ignore(output.dummy(default, fallible=true))

master_dj_enabled = ref false
    live_dj_enabled = ref false
    scheduled_play_enabled = ref false

24h playlist works fine but I can't see current song informations.
    Note that metadata in files is correct.
    Thanks you!

Ivan
  • 13 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up1Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    Arrrggghhhhhh !

Please @Voisses Tech no colors with yours posts...

^#(^
  • un comment

so it look like this

default = rewrite_metadata([("title", !ref_off_air_meta)], default)

basically this is where metadata songs title are for offair

Please note you have no fallback for your default and it will crash and goes to silence just for a simple incorrectly tag song

You need this
    # a security or emergency file for when the fallback occur
    # it can be a mp3 file
    #Do not use a playlist unless its your intention to play all the songs in that playlist before it goes to your #rotation

security= single("/somepathto/security.ogg)

#Then you need it to fallback
    # default = fallback(track_sensitive = false,[security,v])

default = fallback(track_sensitive = false,[security,rotation])

Please read my tutorial here http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/15701/fallover-101-how-to-make-all-scripts-worked-easy-steps-to-build-your-scripts-fixed-silence/p1

copy it and read it carefully.

I will be putting code soon on how to place the code that when there is a change in Aritime you do not have to rewrite this modification

V.O.I.S.S.E.S
    Can You Hear Me Now
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2013-10-03 12:22:04
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Hi!
    Thanks a lot for your advice, I've added the security fallback but I rember that the correct syntax should be:
    fallback(track_sensitive = false,[rotation,security])
    I've uncommented the line "rewrite_metadata" but in "curren song" still nothing.
    Have you got ideas?
    Post edited by Ivan Iudice at 2013-10-03 16:17:42
  • Where is it not showing the current song?

• on the status page - it will show the Artist and Whatever you put in the OFF-line stream settings
    • is it showing in the airtime logs try this at a terminal sudo airtime-log -t liquidsoap 
    • if you need the artist-song title-show you will have to tweak the function rewrite meta-tag for that

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE LS-SCRIPTS MODIFICATION IS IN NO WAY SUBSTITUTION FOR USING AIRTIME,YOU SHOULD SCHEDULE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE IN AIRTIME WHERE YOU CAN GET STATS LIKE HISTORY TO MEET LEGAL OBLIGATIONS

@Ivan Ludice wrote I rember that the correct syntax should be:Fallback(track_sensitive = false,[rotation,security])"

well let me surprise you the correct syntax is

Fallback(track_sensitive = false,[player1,player2])"

that is play player1 and when you are finished play player 2 and as player 1 become available move back.

So there is nothing wrong with Fallback(track_sensitive = false,[player1,player2,player3,......])"

That is why I suggest that you use a single in one of these so that liquidsoap will disperse it and move on

Remember you are loading your songs  in cache using "reload" so if you load say 60 songs in player 1 or 2 it will not stop unless something goes wrong then it moves to player 1 or 2 respectively.

The common mistakes we make is that the script written as examples is what's applicable to Airtime.

Liquidsoap is a very customizable language,you can even write your own functions and register them,therefore the examples are just for you to expand

Airtime will always move to the default fallback,a top down approach

so the order is

then

default fallback          (it will stay here until something occur )

Then

then

default fallback          (it will stay here until something occur )

The Cycle continues

If you want real jingles as on your station follow my second (2) and third (3) example of the tutorial

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • I'm refering to icecast status page, at this moment I see "Current song: Unknown". When I was using airtime 2.0.3 (I don 't remember the liquidsoap version) it used ti show "title: $artist - $title" instead to "Unknown".

• I'm refering to icecast status page, at this moment I see "Current song: Unknown". When I was using airtime 2.0.3 (I don 't remember the liquidsoap version) it used ti show "title: $artist - $title" instead to "Unknown".

yes that's true the meta tag have been rewritten as I said before,so here is the solution

default = rewrite_metadata([(!ref_off_air_meta,"artist" ),("-","title" )], default)
  • It's the same:
    Current Song: Unknown
    I don't know where is the problem...
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    unknown appear also when you have a stream sending by a streamer app where informations are not interpreted by airtime...

and a stupid question :

what said your id3tag ?
  • All my mp3 files are tagged using ID3v2.3.
    For Example:
    Tilte: Too many Friends
    Artist: Placebo
  • WAIT!
    When I type:
    # service airtime-liquidsoap restart
    It writes:
    Restarting Liquidsoap Playout Engine: Taglib: ID3v2.4 no longer supports the frame type TDAT. It will be discarded from the tag.
  • So 
    @Ivan Iudice wrote
    "I used to use Airtime 2.0.3 for my personal web radio management and I remember that when liquidisoap was playing random tracks from playlist, Icecast showed current songs metedata."

This was not your original problem.You must have had this problem  before an upgrade.
    normally as @Albert Fr suggest its your id3tag issue.

Please install these three programs,VLC,ubuntu restricted extra ,Winff,Ex Falso.
    The First Two programs for any Missing plugins and the other two for converting and retagging your songs

WinFF is actually FFMPeg Gui but can do block conversion on Audio and video Files

take a block (say 25 or so) of your songs and pass it through Winff (that is put them in a different folder ==> add the folder to the Gui==>tweak the settings and save the songs in a next folder.or if you like just chose yes to overwrite in the same folder.

Then pass the songs thru EX falso to bulk tag them.(see link Below)
    then back up your music (rotation) folder and move or delete it and test with the files you just re-tag

let me know what next.

I would like to point everyone to this in the manual for recommendation http://sourcefabric.booktype.pro/airtime-24-for-broadcasters/preparing-media-for-ingest/
    You need to prepare your song to be ingested for legal reasons and also for your own purpose.

Liquidsoap and Airtime do not convert or re-encode songs unless you do a script for it and plenty of CPU power.

So if your songs was incorrectly tag in one version,it will be in subsequent versions.

The Modification for the  rewrite meta-tag works for those who see just like " the title and Airtime offline "  in their current song playing but want to see the Artist and the title of the songs .

V.O.I.S.S.E.S
    Can You hear me Now
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2013-10-04 08:03:15
  • trying to highlight key points.instead of making them lost in the conversation,will use bold in future.
    Thanks for the suggestion

V.O.I.S.S.E.S.
    Can You Hear me Now
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    Thanks for my old eyes
    :-B