Audio normalizer
  • Is there a way to normalize audio output either from Airtime of Icecast?  I have some audio files where the audio level is either high or low.  I'm looking for some software that would normalize, level it off, in a live active setting.
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • Why wouldn't you want to do it before? I would think if you wanted to o something like that live you would need to use external mixing hardware or some type of Dj software.
  • Well, lets assume I have 10000 files and they all needed normalizing.  It would be better to do it at the output.  There is software that can do it but me being me I would like it to be free.  I just saw that Liquidsoap has a 'normalize' function.  I have to check to see if it will do what I want.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    normally replaygain do this in Airtime for ogg and mp3 files (flac too i think, but not wav (only available on the 2.4, the next version)
  • Hi Albert

With ReplayGain would I have to tag each asset with this value before it enters Airtime or would Airtime set the value on ingest?  Also what would happen with assets already in Airtime?  When is 2.4 due?

• Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    nope gain values are put into database
    for assets already in airtime (if you do an update from 2.2 to 2.3 for example) they are already "tagged"
    normally 2.4 would be available at the end of april
    Post edited by Albert FR at 2013-04-01 12:17:31