Feature request: Create infinite show (and extended API metadata for tracks)
  • Hi Sourcefabric team & community,

I'm really glad, that I found airtime two month ago. \o/ It helped me realize a project: a 24/7 (German) podcast radio - The 2.2 update is great btw :)

Since I only play podcasts, which can last up to 4 hours, I have no need for the show structure airtime provides. Actually creating a show for every single podcast would be very time consuming. (and unnecessary because all the metadata I need is already in the database / id3 tags)

My current workaround is, that I create 24 hour shows (maximum time) every day and play the podcasts then. Unfortunately airtime doesn't provide a lot of track metadata whithin shows (api/live-info/?callback - last, current and next track). The show api isn't helpful to me, because there are only 24h shows, as mentioned before.

This would be very helpful for my setting:
    • ability to create infinite shows / disable show structure completely
    • exdended API information for next tracks.
    Or can you recomment a strategy for the current version?

Best regards from Germany

Markus

• 1 Comment sorted by
  • Hi!

We haven't finalized the Airtime 2.3 feature set yet, but have a lot of complaints for the 24 hour show limit, and this is something we will hopefully look into addressing for the next version of Airtime.

Providing an improved API is something we are also looking into and hope to address as well in the next version :)

Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro