[Feature Request] ACL improvement. What certain users/groups can and cant do
  • I have just started playing with the ACL(access Control List). First off. I think that DJ's should be allowed to upload(which they can do) But not delete audio!

So i started thinking. How about some better ACL features get added? :) I really dont like the fact that DJ's can remove media from Airtime. What about some dynamic style ACL? Like fine tuning what certain users can do or not do. or even just certain groups. And add in the ability to add groups.

I have an instance where i would like to have like an "Artists" account because i do Creative Commons only music for my station so i would like to have a easy way for Artists to upload their new songs to the airtime instance, But not delete them. DJ is the lowest in the ACL so i could give this to the artists. But i dont feel good about giving them an account that has the ability to delete content as well. Really in my case only Admin and PD should be able to delete content.

Am i making any sense? :( its late! and Im getting tired! sorry. I feel like i didnt get the thoughts i was actually having out. Almost like they just came out like soft serve ice cream.... Help me clarify? lol Goodnight.......