Will the Zen theme be fully supported in Newscoop 4.0?
  • I am running Newscoop 4.0RC3 right now, and I really like the Zen* theme and so does my users.
    But it is explicitly stated somewhere (in the wiki I think) that it is only supported for 3.5 and is not supported in 4.0.
    Yet it kinda works, but user registration does not and neither does the user pages and so on.

Or is there a big stash of Newscoop themes I don't know about that could be even better than Zen?

Newscoop is brilliant, but there are things about it which isn't totally clear to me ....
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Andrey PodshivalovAndrey Podshivalov
    RC3 contains "The Custodian" theme. Try it. This theme is adopted for newscoop 4.0.
  • Sure. I have of course tried it as it is the standard theme. :)

Is there a theming guide/howto coming in the docs for the Custodian Theme?

My background is using CMS systems like Drupal, Joomla and Wordpress, and they have a different
    way of handling theming than Sourcefabric it seems. I don't want to seem ignorant, but how can I make the Custodian Theme look like Zen then?

I can't use Zen as it is shipped because there are things that doesn't work properly when using it, at least
    out of the box. User login for instance.

• Vote Up0Vote Down Daniel JamesDaniel James
    Hi Jobe,

In fact The New Custodian theme is not included in RC3, you can follow it in the git repository in the 'next' branch, or download a pre-release tarball here: http://apt.sourcefabric.org/misc/new_custodian.zip

If you really like the ZEN* look, you can take the graphics and CSS from that theme and put them into a new template based on the New Custodian. This will give you more of the 4.0 features.

Please bear in mind that the New Custodian is not officially released yet, so it may have bugs. For example the 'Article on front page' switch did not work for me.

Cheers!

Daniel