LibreTime: A Fork of AirTime due to stalled development
  • Dear AirTime community,

As Sourcefabric mentioned in their recent statement, their development efforts are concentrating on the SaaS offering of Airtime.pro. For a while now, changes are not being merged back into the open source branch of AirTime and the branches have started to diverge heavily. While Sourcefabric in principle wants to continue to support the open source branch of AirTime, they are prohibited from doing so for financial reasons. Effectively, the development of the open source version of AirTime has come to a stop.

We as broadcasters depend on a continuously updated and maintained version of AirTime. Sourcefabric offered three solutions in their statement: 1) Wait for them to have time to merge SaaS features back to the open source version 2) Start using the SaaS offering Airtime.pro 3) Fork AirTime and continue development independently.

For the last two years, we have hoped for solution 1. However, since no progress seems to have been made, we have decided to fork the project. This will enable us to coordinate our development efforts and will enable AirTime to continue to evolve as an open source, on-premises solution.

The undersigned contributors have begun undertaking the necessary steps to start this endeavour under the moniker ''LibreTime''. We aim to create a community managed radio solution with an active developer community that is both easy to install and use. There is also a taiga where we have started to coordinate.

We invite everyone to join our efforts of becoming a friendly inclusive community of stations from around the globe that use, document and improve LibreTime. Join us in fixing bugs and in defining how we manage the codebase going forward.

We believe that AirTime offers a solid foundation for an excellent online and terrestrial radio broadcast infrastructure, and are very grateful that Sourcefabric offered it to the world in the spirit of libre and open source software. In this same spirit, we aim to use this offer and adapt it to our current needs. If in future Sourcefabric has the capacity to spend developer time on merging features back from their SaaS-branch or offer any other kind of collaboration, we are very open to discuss any potential for cooperation as it arises.

Kind Regards,

Lucas Bickel, Radio Bern RaBe

Robb Ebright, WCRS-LP

Markus Roth, Radio Bern RaBe

Jean-Marie Favreau, Radio Campus Clermont-Ferrand

• 40 Comments sorted by
  • Hello All

The LibreTime Community is proud to announce our first official release: LibreTime 3.0.0-alpha.

We have set up shop on GitHub at LibreTime/libretime.

Our first release contains the following features:

• Working installer for Debian and Ubuntu
    • Automated Vagrant setup for developers on either Debian, Ubuntu or CentOS
    • Removed visible legacy upstream branding
    • Disable most legacy upstream "pro" SaaS integrations
    • "pro" widgets for everyone
    • AutoDJ support for shows
    • Tons of bugfixes like working silan cue cuts and more

The complete LibreTime documentation is available at libretime.org.

Since this is an alpha release there will be bugs in the code. Some features that went missing in legacy upstreams "pro" branch have been backported while others are still waiting for such treatment. Please report any issues and/or feature requests in the issue tracker.

Please direct all further inquiries to GitHub.

Cheers,

Lucas

• @Voisses It is not showing up as a fork on GitHub since we did a hard fork. This was needed so GitHub indexes the code and we can use it's built in code search.

Whats the scope of a 3.0.0 release? Is it just bugfixes and minor enhancements or are larger features and enhancements going to be considered?

We plan on offering an upgrade path for legacy 2.x installs. Larger features and enhancements will be considered, as long as they are backwards compatible they can go into the 3.x series.

Is there a roadmap for releases? 

Not in the traditional sense, No. We do follow semver and the individual releases versioning is based on content and not on the feels of having a new major version.

We plan on doing regular releases as long as there is anything to release, up to 3.0.0 I'm thinking monthly and after that we will see what makes sense.

Are there any plans to move development discussions to a LibreTime specific forum?

For now GitHub issues are the place for development discussions. I think Github has already proven to work fine for this. At a later stage we might create a libretime-users mailing list.

Cheers,
    Lucas

P.S: I didn't even try fighting the form software with this post :/

P.S.S: Everyone; let me know if you need a github invite to the Team so you can assign and tag issues and I can help get you set up. If anything is unclear, let us know in a GitHub issue ;)
  • Vote Up2Vote Down RobbtRobbt
    I will try to respond just so that this post by Voisses Tech isn't the last word on this thread, and we can continue the conversation.

In regards to what is addressed by this fork,or spork or as you could call it was built from the work done by SourceFabric on their saas-dev branch before they decided to go completely dark in terms of source code and development to focus on Airtime.Pro their SaaS offering. We have spent most of our time working on fixing the underlying issues that prevented people from installing it on platforms aside from Ubuntu 14.04 and incrementally developing and testing new features.

We are working on retooling the underlying interface and frameworks that it was built upon and doing so as a community. We have adopted the Collective Code Construction Contract (C4) and our Code of Conduct contract wherein people who want to contribute agree not to engage in trolling and divisive rhetoric etc. The basic point is we are building a community of contributors that will work together cooperatively to address problems, build features and develop the open-source software that is the LibreTime project. This is something that was lacking when the primary mechanism of collaboration was this forum, where the developers of the software were notably absent and most of the community contributions consisted of hacks to core files such as liquidsoap etc.

As the C4 contribution process outlines we are looking for people to contribute their code enhancements to the core project where they can be reviewed and vetted by maintainers. The community can test the code and it can be integrated into the project through a PR. The development of Airtime became fragmented and the community divided. The core and foundation of this project and every other project is just as much the community as it is the code-base. Those who wish to participate in the spirit of cooperation are welcome to join us on Github.
  • A copy of this is available at https://gist.github.com/hairmare/8c03b69c9accc90cfe31fd7e77c3b07d for your reference.
  • Hi James

We're starting with the saas-dev branch, that's why playback is probably missing. It's absolutely a feature I will need as well. 

Recording live shows was broken as far back as I can remember. The last version I saw could only record the shows that where streamed from a show or master source. It didn't do recordings of programmed things from within Airtime. 

For LibreTime to be useable in an FM or DAB+ scenario we need recording due to regulatory issues.

Playback through ALSA is important for us to be able to send a signal to an FM transmitter, grabbing that from the stream (which should have a totally different on-air-processing chain) is not really viable.

In short, while it may take a while to get them done, we also need all those features. Let me know your GitHub username and I'll send you an invite to the LibreTime orga on GitHub.
    Post edited by Lucas Bickel at 2017-02-20 12:33:18
  • Vote Up1Vote Down RobbtRobbt
    The problem with the hacks is that they require a university degree to implement or else hiring you. There is no coherent repository of said hacks and thus they aren't easily available as source code to the community There is no easy way for a person not comfortable with the command line to implement them. Once they are in place there is no easy way to modify them if you don't fully understand them.

The PHP front end is a little clunky but it provides a user interface that lets people run their station, from what I understand that is the point of this software. If someone wants to build an automation system with liquidsoap that is doable if they are familiar with OCaml and want to build it from scratch. For most community radio stations I know the programmers like to have a way of running their station without hiring engineers to setup and make every modification to their setup. But we can disagree here and it doesn't matter because we will go on building LibreTime and I assume you will continue to post in this forum suggesting people run Airtime 2.5.1.x with a number of liquidsoap mods.
    Post edited by Robbt at 2017-03-26 11:30:06
  • this is great news and I'm interested in helping out. The things I would love to see that are vital to our use of Airtime are recording live shows and playback via the soundcard, neither of which seem to currently exist in this fork.

Are they on the agenda?
  • Yes! Very nice initiative! Thank you!
  • Interesting keep me informed
    deprogrammedradio.com

No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • Hello,

[ Edited to fix issue with quoting ]

A LibreTime Alpha release is great news!

Since I've been getting the notifications from github.com on the progress of LibreTime development, it's been very encouraging to see see daily progress on crushing bugs, minor enhancements, improving development and testing with Vagrant support and progress on reliable installs on supported platforms.

A few questions:
    • What is the scope of a 3.0.0 release? Is it just bugfixes and minor enhancements or are larger features and enhancements going to be considered?

• Is there a roadmap for releases? 

• Are there any plans to move development discussions to a LibreTime specific forum?
    Thank you for all your hard work!
    -Bill

Hello All

The LibreTime Community is proud to announce our first official release: LibreTime 3.0.0-alpha.

We have set up shop on GitHub at LibreTime/libretime.

Our first release contains the following features:

• Working installer for Debian and Ubuntu
    • Automated Vagrant setup for developers on either Debian, Ubuntu or CentOS
    • Removed visible legacy upstream branding
    • Disable most legacy upstream "pro" SaaS integrations
    • "pro" widgets for everyone
    • AutoDJ support for shows
    • Tons of bugfixes like working silan cue cuts and more

The complete LibreTime documentation is available at libretime.org.

Since this is an alpha release there will be bugs in the code. Some features that went missing in legacy upstreams "pro" branch have been backported while others are still waiting for such treatment. Please report any issues and/or feature requests in the issue tracker.

Please direct all further inquiries to GitHub.

Cheers,

Lucas

Post edited by Bill Burton at 2017-03-19 20:03:35
  • My 649,500¢ worth...

The 2017 SaaS has outstanding issues we've tracked since 2012.

With the platform slowly going up in smoke, it probably makes more sense to let the mf'er burn rather than waste much more time throwing buckets of pennies free code water at it.

If there truly is a real next-gen rebuild effort going down behind the scenes, the community at large deserves to see some proof of life. Radio Pages, Twitter pings, and broken Rotations aren't really examples of active development -- they're examples of placeholder hacks positioned to distract everyone from the fact 3.0 isn't coming fast enough -or- 3.0 isn't coming altogether.

I believe I speak for the community in saying we're justifiably afraid refactoring is a tale as tall as the narrative suggesting Closedsourcefabric Airtime is still bona fide Open Source Software.

• @Voisses

We moved to the SaaS last year. I'd rather jump to a different platform instead of crawling over glass and the open flames of dead-end code.
  • So the Airtime community as a whole benefits from the disproportionately huge swath of people using the software in production but contribute absolutely zero back? This is exactly why SF quietly threw in the towel on Open and Free in 2012/3. Hundreds if not thousands of production users and only a couple dozen paying to keep the 2.x cadaver on life support. How long are we going to keep playing Weekend At Bernies and insisting everything is a-ok?

Honestly, if more users paid in instead of coming here expecting free like Firefox, we wouldn't be in this mess would we? Actually yeah! We probably would!

Can you show me 5 community code contributions that were accepted upstream before the bug tracker and git were abandoned? Any that live on in the SaaS branch?

Is the SaaS-branch TuneIn AIR API metadata code from Bill Burton or Team SF? Hmmm... :-?
  • What are you on about man? =))
  • Vote Up0Vote Down BartBart
    "Honestly, if more users paid in instead of coming here expecting free like Firefox, we wouldn't be in this mess would we?"

I would never pay for this.
    Why?
    Very easy:
    This software is buggy, and there is no sourcefabric support at all. They even don't know how the product works.
    I will never ever forget the issues that I had when shows disappeared all the time, where sourcefabric was looking for 'bugs' etc, they didn't find it..while everybody had this problem. (where I found that you need to load the shows by scrolling the calendar. Hack number ###).
    Before I found that out, it caused a lot of dead air and a lot of frustration. Dead air, which is unacceptable if you want to broadcast.
    If I would have Airtime Pro, I would have had exactly the same problem, with the exception that it would cost me a lot more money.
    Sourcefabric is just unable to support the product. Point.

Further more, the way that they want to earn money with airtime pro is just wrong.
    It's expensive for the things that you get.
    If they would be a bit smarter, they would reconsider what they offer.
    They sell airtime pro, for at least 10$ each month. For that 10$ you only get 64Kb stream & 10 listeners. That's useless..
    The next option it already 40$ each month..
    And for all that money, you still need to do a lot of stuff, keeping in mind that you can't use the hacks that you are currently using.
    And, be honest, how usable is Airtime without the hacks?
    For me it's unusable.
    My own made liquidsoap scripts are much better & more stable that airtime, and doesn't cost me anything. I don't have the web interface, but as I use it for automation (and djs use folders), I don't need a web interface at all.
    That said, it's too expensive for what you get.
    Sourcefabric should sell the airtime pro gui too, WITHOUT any streaming server, for example. That could be cheaper then.
     If it's cheaper, more people will use it. (if it's usable of course).

That said: I welcome libretime, and I am happy to help if I can.
    Post edited by Bart at 2017-03-29 15:38:21
    Schelstraete Bart - http://www.contact-dance.com
  • 2.5 may be abandonware but the SaaS is definitely supported. They do respond to trouble tickets. May not always like the answer we get back -- or the lack thereof -- but they do seem to at least try given the constraints they have.

Airtime, radiojar, and radio.co are all $100/mo. Considering the cost of a quality dedicated server with proper backups and connectivity isn't exactly free, what is and isn't exorbitant is awful tough discern yeah? I mean 150GB is enough to store 45 days of non-repeating 320kbps content. You're upset that the $10 plan doesn't include a 1TB of storage and unlimited listeners? At least Airtime doesn't have a Microsoft tax baked-in like virtually every the other true automation system out there.

Yes, the SaaS bugs suck but things do work 98% of the time. Yes, even that 2% is inexcusable for something dubbed pro. We deal with two tracks playing on top of one another for minutes on end because there's obviously a duration miscalculation somewhere. Maybe it's a rounding error? Who knows? I sure don't. Do you?

• Post edited by Roger Wilco at 2017-03-31 13:04:42

• Post edited by Roger Wilco at 2017-04-01 11:02:40

• Post edited by Roger Wilco at 2017-04-06 10:25:03
  • No step on snek
    @roger: for 10$ per month I had a dedicated hardware box with 1TB disk and unlimited data traffic. (1Gb connection, in theory of course)
    With that machine I have all the flexibility I want, I can use airtime, (multiple) liquidsoap hacks, autodj things,other hacks, shoutcast/icast , and 100Gb backup space. Not to mention the missing *real* audio processing in Airtime.
    if you compare that with the cheapest version of airtime pro, which is hardly usable as Voisses tech is saying to, that airtime pro is very expensive.
    If everything was working fine, and no hacks were needed, then the 10$ would be cheap.
    But it isn't, and that is the problem with Airtime pro.

note: I am also using commercial products for professional customers, which cost me a lot more, but they do (almost) everything what is needed. I would never propose Airtime pro to them.

@Voisses: I looked at Rivendell multiple times, but it looks so....old...
    so i'm a bit 'scared' of it.
  • @bart -- a $10 dedicated server =))

That's as hilarious as voisses breaking Liquidsoap hacks into 58 posts and calling it "Airtime" =))
    Post edited by Roger Wilco at 2017-04-08 17:24:38

@bart -- a $10 dedicated server =))

That's as hilarious as voisses breaking Liquidsoap hacks into 58 posts and calling it "Airtime" =))

8.99€ if you like, which is  9.5$ atm.
    And that's only an example!

Can we now laugh with/at you?

Post edited by Bart at 2017-04-09 03:58:16
  • You run Zetta on that? :-?
  • @Roger.
      I solve problem ,if it takes me 100 tries and to show the many different ways to do it,then I will until I finally have a solution I will. Can you say the same?
    for 10years we used shoutcast 1.98 even when you were crying that it died.Today radionomy and shoutcast is literally wrestling from people.
    Guess what the whole concept of Linux and Open Source is to take the dead source and revive it.Thats why we can take an Old Computer and give it new life as a server or Desktop.
    As I remind you,PEOPLE HERE ARE LOOKING FOR ANSWERS.They cannot find elsewhere and we are here not because we have all the answers but because we want to point them in a direction that they can achieve some level of success.
    So which is better 100 answers broken down in many parts or 10 of your Answers"This is a dead software"
    Well i am mention on liquidsoap,icecast and centovast forums. Where is your no answer mention.Seem I am helping.

Ok speak of helping
    @ Bart you will want to try the ROTATION  SCRIPT
    • THE double play (two or more songs playing at the same time
    • Time Zone Fixed
    • Queue Fixed so that songs will be queue based on the last song schedule
    I am now moving it over to Hack,cause it works

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.

• @Roger.
    "This is a dead software"

Microsoft embraces Github while purported Free/Libre/Open Source Software champion Sourcefabric quietly sneaks off into the woods while muttering something about "keeping the lights on" with a meager $2,000,000.00 subscriber base.
  • This is a dead software :x
  • Like King Arthur, I feel pulled from the cave where I have been sleeping (being sick myself and a full-time carer mostly) for two full years. It seems pretty weird to find myself still @ #5 in the 'league table' of posters. :\ One guy above me has died and another (Martin) left the company years ago before I joined. Seems like I never left :( Stagnant.

I must say I find myself in the extremely rare and highly embarrassing position of agreeing with Voisses on many of his comments, which is a first! ;) :D

I have been running Libretime for 4 weeks now on a live system (I don't recommend that yet). It is not without it's faults, but it is at least as stable as AT 2.51 and getting better. Could use some formalized QC procedures and some standards conformance stuff.

Robbt has been writing some very cool code, - well done Robbt, and thank you.

They have some 'interesting' moderation policies over there. Moderated stuff should be CLEARLY marked as such. I look a big enough dick, all by myself, without 'extra' help. 'Nuff said.

So, we just made made a new set of forums to discuss the various FOSS LiquidSoap based Radio Engines (Airtime, AirtimePro, Libretime & Shampoo) and others like OpenBroadcasterPro (gStreamer based). It is mostly empty new - so please help fill it.

There we can do comparative discussions of playout engines and production software without the block buttons of the corporates and insecure.  http://web-radio-support.websitesinternational.net/independent-web-radio-forum

I find Shampoo the most stable of all of them. :O Fuse lit.......

I also intend to use a Stomper (RadioVis) server and an ancilliary RTMP feed instead of/as well as using the Airtime/Libretime & shampoo APIs for distributing program info, album covers, slide shows.
    Why? DAB, EPG Compatible Hybrid Radio. Many Internet radios & smart TVs understand it and it is VERY easy. I have O/S BBC Server & html5 Players for it. Examples: You could do an illustrated slideshow talk program or pop your schedule into your local cable EPG and Roku type 'whats on/next' stuff

Post edited by John Chewter at 2017-05-15 22:17:54
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • I am so lucky.
    My word is always the last here check this post the sequence is so mixed up that ,now my rants are at the bottom.

@Bart. in fact you are right,Rivendell are for old Guys like me .
    So here is why I like
    1. Rivendell for its 99% stability and that's why I use Linux. Not to Joke on my Mac Book pro,I am using Libre Office , Gimp and Openshot.Just  to indicate who I am
    2. Airtime for the flexibility that Zendframework brings.If you see how I pimp ine it looks like "VOISSESTIME " than airtime LOL.

I bet Roger like "Haunted Castle",which looks good outside but weird inside.

PHP codes are hard to maintain and if you are using a framework then even if you construct the logics in Raw PHP then you should be capable of converting it to the respective Framework.

I honestly like Airtime.

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • This is no longer progressive.

Go try my script at

https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/18336/autodj-script-using-php-2-1-5-6-solution-you-were-waiting-on-no-ls_script-modification-need

you will not have to schedule two hours -three hours before .

find your way to trigger it use any darn thing you want.
    its time zone compatible etc.
    people are already stealing it

I have pimp my interface how i want it so  look at the snap shots and see.
    thanks for your discouragement. I would hate to have you around with your negativism, be positive man.
    I love you though

• Let me give you a clue.
    You see those  Liquidsoap hacks. without them Airtime becomes a nagging software.
    So just to tell you,I have 10 clients and counting.
    This Hack have them singing.

I have people pm me on various things .They love it bad.

Now here is why you people are chasing your tails.

You people are going crazy fixing things using PHP,well thank God see more zend work done

but maybe when I clean this code ,this week ,I give you a ride.
    You will see features I have you wonder  how you can do it.

Here are few.

1.I have the system record ever hour 24/7 after every three hours it discard 1 hour (just for space) clients have the option to archive it to FTP ,Media Server etc I am now trying the own cloud api.
    clients can pull down and remaster their recordings they can go back in a snap to replay something some one said etc.

Liquidsoap have a dump hack I hope to include that so clients can start and stop  recordings on the fly.

2.I have a full playout.you can start,stop,forward and rewind a song.I definitely will give you a ride

3.I use a different request to play like an Auxiliary player similar to what you see in  every known software and that "Liquidsoap Hack" is an auxillary to auto rotation .it actually generates a m3u list you can add songs to the playlist at the bottom at the top or just discard and start playing a new list

4.I have an upload section to load your beds,spots and promos and the system will play them every TOH,15min,30min,45min.Do not want a particular play time just leave it blank

5 I have when you can play from the output for transmitters and listen with Zero overruns. and to top it.You can select up to 10 sound cards on a 512m  with the Cpu at around 60%

You see that Liquidsoap Hack it allows you to run cron like jobs.I see it to check if the playlist is empty and then fill it. 

That hack allows no dead air, no silence and guess what, clients can put in a backup url,oh sorry 2 instead of a using a playlist good for substation and guess what alll the substation has to do is turn there system off.

and for those who not see the information in the dashboard just modify the dashboard js for informatio  on the screen and the Api controller  get liveinfo to put it in the api

Yes just take the of_json from the output(s)  and half of the ls_lib  scripts is gone.
    Yes if you know how to use that LIQUIDSOAP HACK ,you could have clients dumping there barix and other remote equipment

and  to give you the icing that Liquidsoap Hack help me to focus on the whole matter of learning Zend.
    i almost ca customize any area with small modification and its all good.

So on to the Community.
    I used a Firewall from 1999,it was the simplest.THrough its community things like dnsguardian and a whole lot of things come through.

In 2001 some brilliant persons come up with the idea they formed a GPL and by some where in the 2000-2001 they formed a limited liabilty company.

Everybody contributed to the Gpl and we did what is know as "HOMEBREW" oh thats what you called Hacks

Up to today that company still integrates the "HOMEBREW " in its proprietary program but the one thing that company did that taught me a lesson is RESPECT for all contributions.

You have people who literally come in here with insults but Here is my final word

NO COMMUNITY CAN EXISTS WITHOUT A GOOD LEADER AND TO UNDERSTAND HIS VISION AND IDEAS.

THAT LEADER MUST BE WILLING TO LISTEN AND RESPECT EVERYONE CRITICISM.

You all will fail.Get Sourcefabric on board or Go build a totally New System.(maybe its too late now)
    like the whole media field in most countries, you all compete,even think you can turn other people ideas in your glory.

So here me my friend or enemy. AIrtime is not what you said
    Airtime had a
    1. bug report section
    2. a demo
    3. a development demo
    4. Github
    5. This Forum

This is covers all you said was missing but the truth of what's missing is as I said RESPECT.

Anybody read this can note "AIRTIME IS NOTHING WITHOUT LIQUIDSOAP HACKS"

Do not stress yourself just search through and adopt one. You will be please with the software.

I will help you as long as you are committed to run your station 24/7 without complains

Remember its in Chronological order ,so a suggested hack in say January 2013 is not necessarily good in December 2016.

I do not want the Last word and there is no incentive for me to join that community.
    On the Other hand nobody in that community will tolerate me even if  I am B.S ,guess what I Hate  B.S

Oh Lord its hard to be Humble when you are perfect in every way.

Ps.
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,go get a translator.

Read my signature before comment please.

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2017-03-25 01:58:57
  • To be Honest. The codes in Airtime sometimes are round about (like Roads in My Town) and that more require a degree here is a sample

Example
    PHP

a song(Liquidsoap) is requested it notifes [through notify.sh]  who then notifies python [pyponotify.py] who then make a call to api-client [api_client.py] then report to Rest Api [ApiController,php] then have go to relevant Model [Application_Model_XXXX.php ]  then to Controller then Views (scripts)

My Gosh Man

Liquidsoap
    Liquidsoap to database to Php (Views)

Which need the degree?

The other day Someone ask me for my tunein script

All I did was
    form to database config files
    liquidsoap to Apicontroller (config) to Tune In

Trust me if the Zend framework people look at what we do maybe they would approve but they would have an head spin.

So all I am saying is that if we are forking make it easy
    No PHP script can solve buffer,late  or missing file queue ,and I just hope I get the time to show people how easy some of these things can achieve

You people seems to hate Liquidsoap and even the other day some one show me  a video scheduling with Liquidsoap

Here is a fork you all need to learn from
    http://www.openmediavault.org/

• help me here

https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/18336/autodj-script-help-needed-php

I give you some Zend codes that easy to upgrade to  Zendframewrk 2 and possible 3 with PHP 7.
     You do not have to move to any fork they are easy patches

This one if you run it does everything that the liqudsoap hack lacks

• is this a teaspoon ?
    really do not see it as a fork ,my food is dropping back in the plate
    =))
  • They just cant take my big mouth .Oh lord I might just make some enemy
  • Blaise Pascal wrote "Nothing is as approved as mediocrity, the majority has established it and it fixes its fangs on whatever gets beyond it either way."

Sometimes we want a quick fix that we become desperate.Its what leads to addiction and Confusion.
    Let me open my big mouth again .I am no hypocrite.
    A fork cannot be the same thing or worst.wether its wrap in pretty clothes or not.
    If the Heads of Sourcefabric had listen to my rant they would see this disaster coming.So let me have some people hate me more.I love you Airtime so I will speak.

Today we have PHP 7, Zend 3.0, Python 3.1 ,Ubuntu 16.04 and Liquidsoap 1.2, Jquery 3.20 .Html 5 just to name a few.
    This Fork is a Teaspoon .Not even a good Tablespoon.You are all 4 years behind.

Ok so let me give you all something that you all should not be chasing your tails around.

1. Get some one to worked on CSS,Html and Jquery (overall interface)
    2. Some one to worked on PHP including Zend
    3.Some one to work on database  move from propel to doctrine with either an integration or parallelism
    4.Some one to worked on upstream with the OS ubuntu
    5.LIquidsoap library is old and the utilites  need upgrading

Then have these changes move to 2.5.1.6
    You people start with worst fixed the crap,that they were doing which amounts to nothing but :Facial: changes (interface remodelling).

If your foundation is not strong the house will crumble.

Sourcefabric needs back a refund.Cause right now they must be either waiting on what they was given as PRO to break on them or getting a whole lots of tickets.

To all of you who encourage people to even write me and even suggest that they should also ban me ,Some of you have gone ,they have Gone and the rest of you are still in frustration and hiding.

They even destroyed the archives like removing key articles from the wiki and lock a lot of things  making it uncomfortable for new people to see where we coming from.

ALL of us is walking with our pants (skirt) down  while we have on the prettiest make up nd the latest fashion shirts(blouse) calling it forks.

I need a belt to strap some of you.

Oh for those of you who do not  understand my parable
    Here is the interpretation

We are building this Nice interface(html,css,) ,Yet the Core (python,php,zend,liquidsoap,etc) still needs love

I do not even know if this fork (Libretime) can send food to the plate (Airtime)

If You Like you plan (2.5.1.6) you better keep it,because what is coming you will see it and can't touch it.

I Am Dumb Ignorant and hate foolishness

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2017-03-24 06:08:34
  • @ Roger

I think most people who comes here are people who want   to have a customized system. Not something off the shelves.

I have a client who has some 30 years in radio ,All he likes now is Itunes and any encoder that can push out the stream.

He was a shoutcast fan and it was so good that tune in came in and the phone system.
    He has the money for SaaS but he rather buy a new gig etc, from that savings,

He likes the enhancement but trust me learn from him ,"Save where you can  so you can be great"
    If you noticed one presidential candidate use Facebook as his media Mogel rather than go buy a TV station or Ads
    Too many Offers out there with sweeter interface. like that cloud one for $17/month with 250 simultaneous. check world wide

I am software engineer not consumer. and I hope I can help others.Maybe the next offer that is new (like when Tunein Came in we here was writing codes long before ) you will be waiting on The SaaS
    I use this to offer my clients the difference  most are already comfortable.

This is why I use Linux cause I don't want an Windows already done

I know this sound confrontational but its more a statement.

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2017-03-28 08:04:37
  • If I could Hug You,I would right now and plant a big Smooch on Your Lips

So I guess we all contributed to

• PHP
    • Python
    • Zendframework
    • liquidsoap
    • The many other scripting language  and web languages

I guess you can apply for the Head of Support at Sourcefabric,its available I think ,you then can limit my freedom

By the Way go look at Voisses (Caribbean Experience ) on Tunein mine does not used any of Bill's code or the pro and Guess what it works perfectly. Guess we do not even need Airtime neither

Oh By the Way did I tell You my main play out  is Rivendell and

• its free
    • never contributed a thing to it
    • has being using it umpthing years now
    • Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial)  is being used now and they are working on a full webinterface backend

Listen to these two files

http://www.rivendellaudio.org/ftpdocs/rivendell/audio/Mixdown1.flac

http://www.rivendellaudio.org/ftpdocs/rivendell/audio/Mixdown2.flac

you will learn something

Did I tell you also about my media server and NAS.

Guess we contribute in many ways. Most open source go on like  kickstarter and other to fund themselves and there is where we contribute, my dear friend, cause not everybody can contribute code so we donate,time,criticism or money

Thank You Roger

I will recommend sourcefabric to give you a post to collect peanuts and give advice

Remember a name is better than any pocket money but I guess if you are at the bottom of Maslow hierarchy of Needs https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow's_hierarchy_of_needs you will see it different.

Added

I remember this nice post as I was about to do a video on my mac.

http://www.openshotvideo.com/2013/03/100-funded-on-kickstarter.html

its still free and one of the best out there and the best open source video editor

Also check the Airtime code and see how much of it comes from github and other people

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2017-03-29 13:08:03
  • @ Roger
    $10 per month  x 12 =$120.00 half my fare from florida to the caribbean or a lot of drinks per year
                                                 if I donate it some poor kids in Africa maybe a year's meal
    $120 per year X 3 years = $360 half my fare for a cruise

and I could go on.

You see I added at the bottom the openshot story,for you to quote to me about Windoze just show me have not developed the spirit of open  source.

I think that bug has bit a few at Airtime ,maybe I am wrong but you imagine Linus get up tomorrow and start saying all you said ?

This is  why I use linux  not windy

My Gosh @Roger lets just call it a truce

By the way I solved that PHP script and will be posting it as the alternative to the Autodj.

To answer your Question  of  who  helped, scored these forum and then read the codes in Airtime and you see.
    Yes they finalised it but @Roger  I think the Fork Approach is still a spoon

• Where is That Saas,You mention.