Trying new stuff.
  • At the end of next week, I will begin some test transmission with the pictures-in-audio protocol that I described before. This is the proposed European DAB thing that I mentioned before. The proposed USA standard is very similar/same. It will be fun, the server has already woken up and is talking to me. It goes through icecast (to my surprise) and I get pictures to illustrate my speech programs (at least in test)
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • looking forward to this John ;)
  • DASH / HLS?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    we experience airtime uploading issues with embedded pictures in mp3 files, so we asked our users to not use this feature.
    I am very interested in your results.
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Really? What kind of issues?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich

Really? What kind of issues?

every 4-8 weeks (the same) 2 of our about 25 users experince following issue with uploading mp3 with embedded pics.
    uploading works fine but the file won't be visible in library.
    it can also not be found in the folder in which corrupt files are moved by airtime.

to fix it, I just deleted the user and added new one with same user name.
    then it worked again for 1-2 months...
    experiencing this since 6 months, only thing the regarding users have in common and differs them from the other users is embedding pics in mp3 metadata.
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • That's weird! We use SFTP to bypass the web uploader madness. Wonder if the validator is tripping over something?