Airtime 2.4 RC1
  • The final release is almost upon us :). We hope to make no more changes until the final release, so try the release candidate here: 

http://apt.sourcefabric.org/misc/airtime_2.4.0~rc1_all.deb

Please try this version out and report any bugs. We'd like a smooth release as possible, so if you find any problems we will work with you in private to iron out any issues. It will be possible to upgrade from this RC to the final.

We highly recommend Ubuntu Precise (12.04), or Debian Wheezy as OS of choice. Ubuntu Lucid (10.04) and Debian Squeeze will work but have much older packages with many bugs (too many to list here).

NOTE TO USERS COMING FROM THE 2.4.0 BETAS 
    (ignore if you are upgrading from 2.2.x or 2.3.x)

Please run the following commands before installing RC1:

From the command line:
    sudo -u postgres psql -c "DELETE FROM cc_pref WHERE id IN (SELECT cc_pref.id FROM cc_pref LEFT OUTER JOIN (   SELECT MAX(id) as id, keystr, subjid    FROM cc_pref    GROUP BY keystr, subjid) as KeepRows ON   cc_pref.id = KeepRows.id WHERE   KeepRows.id IS NULL)" airtime

After the RC1 Debian package is installed, please run the following:

$ sudo /var/lib/airtime/tmp/install_minimal/airtime-install -rd

Post edited by Martin Konecny at 2013-06-14 17:36:02
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • 66 Comments sorted by
  • Linked shows are useful but who wants repeats to the same time of day?
    Is it possible to Set Linked Shows to any daytime?
  • BPM not working on ingest.  Files have BPM within.  Really need this to work.
    Smart Blocks and Playlist's do not have their length shown in the Library list.
    May not be Airtime issue but RabbitMQ keeps crashing.

I ran sudo find /path/to/file -exec touch {} \; on one file and saw the database being updated but the BPM value remained "0".
    Post edited by Reaz Baksh at 2013-06-16 10:42:36
  • Vote Up0Vote Down BartBart
    valid remark bitdevil!
    Schelstraete Bart - http://www.contact-dance.com
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich

bitdevil said:

Linked shows are useful but who wants repeats to the same time of day?
    Is it possible to Set Linked Shows to any daytime?

for programming daily News 11 times a day this saves a lot of time.
    Though I would also prefer to enhance this feature.
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Found that Airtime will set the BPM to 0 id the value within the id3 is not a whole number.  If it is say 133 the BPM value will be 133.  If it is 133.12, the value will be 0.  Does anyone know of a free app that will count and write the BPM value that is a whole number?
  • Suddenly the red ON AIR light is off and the play list going as if there is no issues. On the output of both Icecast and Shoutcast I'm offline. At the beginning of this offline a totally unrelated song was playing. Restarted the server yet no change.
  • Checked every possible log and restarted every possible process yet no luck.  Sometimes I would get something on the output but it would be nothing on the playlist. Sometimes 3 tracks would play at once and at the end of 1 of the tracks it would go silent.  All the while everything shows offline.  I think I've had enough.
  • @Reaz,

This sounds like your RabbitMQ problem you mentioned.

What is the output of 

sudo rabbitmqctl status

?

Also, how do you know rabbitmq is crashing? Are you analyzing logs?

• Output of sudo rabbitmqctl status

Status of node rabbit@GW1 ...
    [{pid,8688},
     {running_applications,[{rabbit,"RabbitMQ","3.1.1"},
                            {os_mon,"CPO  CXC 138 46","2.2.11"},
                            {mnesia,"MNESIA  CXC 138 12","4.8"},
                            {xmerl,"XML parser","1.3.3"},
                            {sasl,"SASL  CXC 138 11","2.3.1"},
                            {stdlib,"ERTS  CXC 138 10","1.19.1"},
                            {kernel,"ERTS  CXC 138 10","2.16.1"}]},
     {os,{unix,linux}},
     {erlang_version,"Erlang R16B (erts-5.10.1) [source] [64-bit] [smp:4:4] [async-threads:30] [kernel-poll:true]\n"},
     {memory,[{total,31404736},
              {connection_procs,74120},
              {queue_procs,79864},
              {plugins,0},
              {other_proc,9262638},
              {mnesia,78296},
              {mgmt_db,0},
              {msg_index,35552},
              {other_ets,760128},
              {binary,355096},
              {code,16164834},
              {atom,561761},
              {other_system,4032447}]},
     {vm_memory_high_watermark,0.4},
     {vm_memory_limit,2373515673},
     {disk_free_limit,1000000000},
     {disk_free,25291239424},
     {file_descriptors,[{total_limit,924},
                        {total_used,9},
                        {sockets_limit,829},
                        {sockets_used,3}]},
     {processes,[{limit,1048576},{used,145}]},
     {run_queue,0},
     {uptime,5596}]
    ...done.

• Any direction on what i should do to get this working?  I  re-installed RC1 but this did not help.
  • @Reaz,

The problem you describe should have been fixed in beta4. Out of curiousity, were you changing stream settings when the problem was happening?

With RC1, if it is still happening, please take note of the exact time the problem with concurrent tracks happens, and we will take a look at the logs.
  • No changes in stream settings.  It just happened. Late today it started working by it self and just now, last 5 minutes, it stopped.  I was modifying playlists when it suddenly went off air.  If you wish you can access the server.  I had sent you the login info via a PM.  I'll send it again.
  • Hi Martin
    It occurred at around 10:55PM yesterday.
  • @Reaz+Baksh

Do you remember what you were doing in Airtime when you noticed the problem?
    Were you editing the schedule content of a specific show? If yes, which show and on which day? Were you adding tracks or removing tracks?
    Any specific details like this you can provide will be extremely helpful :)
  • Hi Denise
    It was during the ending of the "Night" segment just before the "Overnight" segment.  I was modifying the linked show I believe.  This was yesterday at around 10:55PM.  Just to note this time I was doing something.  Before I that,  when it happened on the 16th I was not doing anything much other than checking the Smart Block settings.
  • @Reaz

Thanks for the info. That's good to know.
    Do you remember how you were modifying the linked show? By this I mean, were you removing tracks, adding tracks, adding a smart block, reordering items?

Also, how did you install the RC? Was it a fresh install or were you upgrading from beta 4 or 2.3.1?

Thanks for all your input.
  • Upgraded from 2.3.1.  What happened was I first upgraded from Beta4 to RC1 but I had numerous issues especially with BPM on RC1 and the Offline issue.  I then decided to wipe it clean and then install 2.3.1 and restored its database.  At that point I upgraded directly to RC1.  It worked well for a while except the BPM then it went off line by it self.  The last time it went offline I was adding a Smart Block and manipulating the schedule by trying to add tracks.  I also noticed that the smart block would not totally fill the duration of a scheduled show.  There was sometimes a 2 to 3 minutes of nothing at the end.  Also just noticed that if I were to rearrange a linked show I would get a SQL error.  If you wish you can modify the schedule within any linked show to see the error.  Feel free to modify/ delete /add any show.  I hope this helps.
  • Is airtime using ports 81 or 85 for anything?  I am using these for apache .  After disabling then and restarting airtime (first airtime-liquidsoap, playout and media monitor) the On air light is on and there is sound form Icecast and shoutcast.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    if you want to know try this line in a terminal  :

netstat -taupe | grep 81

or 

netstat -taupe | grep 85

and normally airtime using port 80 is web interface, if you changing this port you need to modify config files into /etc/airtime/
  • Thanks Albert
    I checked and the two ports are not being used so I guess that wasn't it.  It's still working.

• The final release is almost upon us :). We hope to make no more changes until the final release, so try the release candidate here: 

http://apt.sourcefabric.org/misc/airtime_2.4.0~rc1_all.deb

Please try this version out and report any bugs. We'd like a smooth release as possible, so if you find any problems we will work with you in private to iron out any issues. It will be possible to upgrade from this RC to the final.

We highly recommend Ubuntu Precise (12.04), or Debian Wheezy as OS of choice. Ubuntu Lucid (10.04) and Debian Squeeze will work but have much older packages with many bugs (too many to list here).

NOTE TO USERS COMING FROM THE 2.4.0 BETAS 

(ignore if you are upgrading from 2.2.x or 2.3.x)

Please run the following commands before installing RC1:

From the command line:

sudo -u postgres psql -c "DELETE FROM cc_pref WHERE id IN (SELECT cc_pref.id FROM cc_pref LEFT OUTER JOIN (   SELECT MAX(id) as id, keystr, subjid    FROM cc_pref    GROUP BY keystr, subjid) as KeepRows ON   cc_pref.id = KeepRows.id WHERE   KeepRows.id IS NULL)" airtime

After the RC1 Debian package is installed, please run the following:

$ sudo /var/lib/airtime/tmp/install_minimal/airtime-install -rd

feature request:

please, would you add a instant playback with fade support to the library?

• Vote Up0Vote Down charoscharos
    Tayeb Meftah ,it's already in release candidate. Code/features are frozen at RC and only bugfixes are added. If you want any additional features, make another thread I guess
    Post edited by charos at 2013-06-19 11:17:49
    please guys wait the final version, we'll see for features after this ;-)
  • Hi!

Updated airtime from beta1 but I'm still experiencing the same issues regarding playout.

I have the latest liquidsoap installed v 1.1.1. Ubuntu 10.04 with the packages upgraded. I've also run the commands from the first post in this thread.

Mainly, even if in the web interface all seems to be ok...there is nothing broadcasting. I saw the same line as in beta1 in the log complaining that 
    2013/06/19 19:52:20 [decoder.mad:3] File "/var/tmp/airtime/pypo/cache/scheduler/2.mp3" has an incompatible number of channels.
    2013/06/19 19:52:20 [decoder:3] Unable to decode "/var/tmp/airtime/pypo/cache/scheduler/2.mp3" as {audio=2;video=0;midi=0}!
    I tried this with both a mono and a stereo stream. Also tried with an inline liquidsoap command and it works if I correctly specify the number of channels.
    Those lines appear in the log only at airtime-playout restart. Scheduling a show and content in it does not appear to have any effect if I inspect liquidsoap log.

Another thing: if I change settings in the stream page liquidsoap doesn't get restarted.

So, as for me, exactly the same problems as in beta 1. Hope it's something about my setup and not about airtime.

Alex
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Cliff WangCliff Wang
    @Alexandru,

Will install a Lucid instance to take a look.
    Cloud Radio -> http://airtime.pro
    @Alexandru,

Cannot reproduce it on Lucid. Could you please attach the whole log files as a zip and upload here?
    The problem happened around "2013/06/19 19:52:20", right?
  • As I was editing a show that is presently active, deleted 1 file, the ON AIR light went off.  
  • @Cliff

Sorry about a mistake a did. I forgot that two days ago I did a release upgrade at Ubuntu 12.04.

I will contact you to give the logs.

Alex
  • Hi again!

I removed airtime just to be sure there is a clean install. The reinstall was successful. I created a show, went to the Add files section to add smthg in the library, uploaded some files, but not files appear in the library even if in the interface I received the OK status on upload. Waited, searched the logs and nothing. Searched on disk...no file in the airtime store folder. The permissions seem ok.

I will send you a link with the logs.

I will also investigate the other issues regarding playout.

Alex

• Hi,

We experienced some problems with bi-weekly shows. We scheduled one and that whats happen:
    1st week - show scheduled properly
    2nd week - show not scheduled, that's ok
    3rd week and every next week - show is tripled, scheduled three times at the proper time.

Were there any issue like this in betas?
    It maybe caused by wrong rabbitmq settings in /etc/airtime/airtime.conf and api_client.cfg, please make sure those settings are correct. It's supposed to be:
    [rabbitmq]
    host = 127.0.0.1
    port = 5672
    user = airtime
    password = ******
    vhost = /airtime

Hi again!

I removed airtime just to be sure there is a clean install. The reinstall was successful. I created a show, went to the Add files section to add smthg in the library, uploaded some files, but not files appear in the library even if in the interface I received the OK status on upload. Waited, searched the logs and nothing. Searched on disk...no file in the airtime store folder. The permissions seem ok.

I will send you a link with the logs.

I will also investigate the other issues regarding playout.

Alex

• The rabbitmq section from airtime.conf is exactly as you described it.

In the api_client.cfg I have only these lines:
    bin_dir = /usr/lib/airtime/api_clients
    api_key = '*******'
    api_base = api
    host = localhost
    base_port = 80
    base_dir = /
    On another server running 2.3.1 this file has plenty of lines. Is this changed in 2.4?

Added a watched folder and the content was added in less than a minute to the library.

Regarding the other playout and repeating shows problems experienced in beta 1, you fixed them.

Alex  
  • @Marcin

We haven't had any reports of what you are describing.
    Was this a fresh install or an upgrade?
    Which OS are you running?

• Vote Up0Vote Down NaomiNaomi
    @Marcin

Could you also post a screenshot of your calendar so we can try to recreate this?
  • @Marcin

I've also tried to reproduce your problem with no success.

I've experienced problems as you describe on ubuntu 10.04 with an old php version. After an upgrade, all the problems regarding repeating shows went away. Is this your case?

Alex
  • Updated to RC1 - all went well (that postgres bit looks very familiar ;-)

Has there been any reports of playout dates not being saved? I have a weird thing that some shows don't seem to 'record' a playout, although I seem to be having problems now with those MP3s. Not sure if this is a new thing, but never noticed these not playing before...(as in, plays, goes off-air, 'off-line' til you schedule another file). Odd.

Otherwise, works really well. +1 on the linked shows not being the same time of day, I'm guessing that might be 2.4.x or something, but say 1 hour on Wednesday being replayed on Saturday morning would be useful. Same time, is less useful for me - maybe because I repeat shows over a much wider cycle so unless I schedule months or weeks in advance (and create a show per show file - oww!) this won't be that helpful for me...
    Post edited by Tim RadioClash at 2013-06-20 20:18:43
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich

@Marcin

I've also tried to reproduce your problem with no success.

I've experienced problems as you describe on ubuntu 10.04 with an old php version. After an upgrade, all the problems regarding repeating shows went away. Is this your case?

Alex

I commented a similar problem with 2.4b1 after backing up airtime including dropdb like shown here => http://en.flossmanuals.net/airtime/backing-up-the-server
    http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/comment/24286#Comment_24286

After updating php and reinstalling airtime again it worked.
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
    as said Martin this version work fine with Ubuntu Precise (12.04) or Debian Wheezy
    previous versions are not recommended...
    Post edited by Albert FR at 2013-06-21 02:47:20
  • I have a problem with Stream to ALSA. After some period sound crashed to "jammed vinyl record" style. In web-interface I see no problem and "now playing" still show normal play songs.

After restart airtime-liquidsoap sound normalized.

In a log /var/log/airtime/pypo-liquidsoap/ls_script.log I found this, but calendar show at this time song played in a middle.

2013/06/21 11:48:02 [server:3] New client: localhost.
    2013/06/21 11:48:02 [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.
    2013/06/21 11:48:08 [cue_cut_5465:3] Cueing out...
    2013/06/21 11:48:08 [s0:3] Finished with "/var/tmp/airtime/pypo/cache/scheduler/2.mp3".
    2013/06/21 11:48:08 [amplify_5470:3] End of the current overriding.
    2013/06/21 11:48:08 [cross_5473:3] No next track ready yet.
    2013/06/21 11:48:08 [dummy(dot)1:3] Source failed (no more tracks) stopping output...
    2013/06/21 11:48:08 [dummy(dot)2:3] Source failed (no more tracks) stopping output...
    2013/06/21 11:48:08 [schedule_noise_switch:3] Switch to map_metadata_5601 with forgetful transition.
    2013/06/21 11:48:08 [lang:3] transition called...
    2013/06/21 11:48:08 [decoder:3] Method "MAD" accepted "/var/tmp/airtime/pypo/cache/scheduler/98.mp3".
    2013/06/21 11:48:08 [s0:3] Prepared "/var/tmp/airtime/pypo/cache/scheduler/98.mp3" (RID 0).
    2013/06/21 11:48:08 [amplify_5470:3] Overriding amplification: 1.000000.
    2013/06/21 11:48:08 [lang:3] /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/liquidsoap_scripts/notify.sh --media-id=43101 &
    2013/06/21 11:48:08 [switch_5592:3] Switch to insert_metadata_5578.
    2013/06/21 11:48:08 [lang:3] Using stream_format 0
    2013/06/21 11:48:08 [schedule_noise_switch:3] Switch to map_metadata_5594 with transition.
    2013/06/21 11:48:08 [lang:3] transition called...
    2013/06/21 11:48:08 [stdout:3]
    2013/06/21 11:48:08 [stdout:3] #########################################
    2013/06/21 11:48:08 [stdout:3] #           *** pypo  ***               #
    2013/06/21 11:48:08 [stdout:3] #     pypo notification gateway         #
    2013/06/21 11:48:08 [stdout:3] #########################################
    2013/06/21 11:48:12 [server:3] New client: localhost.
    2013/06/21 11:48:12 [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.

Post edited by ultradim at 2013-06-21 09:53:50
    @Alex

Yes, 2.4 has new api_client.cfg layout.
  • Ok, so....
    I use ubuntu 12.04 with php v. PHP 5.4.15-1~precise+1 .I installed RC as an upgrade of 2.3.x

I attached the screenshots.

• @Marcin

The bi-weekly show is starting on 2013-07-30
    The shows scheduled in June are completely separate, right?
    Do the multiple occurrences only appear on the Wednesday?
  • Correction : The bi-weekly show is starting on 2013-07-03

• Hello
    Cannot view Library contents.  It just says "Processing"  Restarted the server but this did not help.  Is there anything I can restart to get it showing the Library contents?
    @Reaz,
    Any error from /var/log/airtime/zendphp.log?
    Post edited by Cliff Wang at 2013-06-21 17:07:43
  • This is what I get when I go into library:

2013-06-21T17:53:35-04:00 INFO (6): [index.php : () : line 71] - array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given
    2013-06-21T17:53:35-04:00 INFO (6): [index.php : () : line 73] - #0 [internal function]: exception_error_handler(2, 'array_key_exist...', '/usr/share/airt...', 1270, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/airtime/application/models/Preference.php(1270): array_key_exists('ColReorder', NULL)
    #2 /usr/share/airtime/application/models/Preference.php(1290): Application_Model_Preference::getOrderingMap('library_datatab...')
    #3 /usr/share/airtime/application/models/Datatables.php(62): Application_Model_Preference::getCurrentLibraryTableColumnMap()
    #4 /usr/share/airtime/application/models/StoredFile.php(776): Application_Model_Datatables::findEntries(Object(PropelPDO), Array, '((SELECT PL.id ...', Array)
    #5 /usr/share/airtime/application/controllers/LibraryController.php(414): Application_Model_StoredFile::searchLibraryFiles(Array)
    #6 /usr/share/php/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): LibraryController->contentsFeedAction()
    #7 /usr/share/php/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('contentsFeedAct...')
    #8 /usr/share/php/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
    #9 /usr/share/php/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(97): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
    #10 /usr/share/php/Zend/Application.php(366): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
    #11 /usr/share/airtime/public/index.php(64): Zend_Application->run()
    #12 {main}
    2013-06-21T17:53:35-04:00 INFO (6): [index.php : () : line 71] - array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given
    2013-06-21T17:53:35-04:00 INFO (6): [index.php : () : line 73] - #0 [internal function]: exception_error_handler(2, 'array_key_exist...', '/usr/share/airt...', 1270, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/airtime/application/models/Preference.php(1270): array_key_exists('ColReorder', NULL)
    #2 /usr/share/airtime/application/models/Preference.php(1290): Application_Model_Preference::getOrderingMap('library_datatab...')
    #3 /usr/share/airtime/application/models/Datatables.php(62): Application_Model_Preference::getCurrentLibraryTableColumnMap()
    #4 /usr/share/airtime/application/models/StoredFile.php(776): Application_Model_Datatables::findEntries(Object(PropelPDO), Array, '((SELECT PL.id ...', Array)
    #5 /usr/share/airtime/application/controllers/LibraryController.php(414): Application_Model_StoredFile::searchLibraryFiles(Array)
    #6 /usr/share/php/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): LibraryController->contentsFeedAction()
    #7 /usr/share/php/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('contentsFeedAct...')
    #8 /usr/share/php/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
    #9 /usr/share/php/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(97): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
    #10 /usr/share/php/Zend/Application.php(366): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
    #11 /usr/share/airtime/public/index.php(64): Zend_Application->run()
    #12 {main}

@Reaz

was this from a new install of an RC, or could you previously see the library?

It seems to be cause by a null value stored in cc_pref for "library_datatable" I'm not really sure how this value could get saved as null yet though. Deleting this row from the database table should fix the library, but need to figure out how it happened in the first place..
  • I was able to previousely see the library.  This just happened today.  RC1 was an upgrade from 2.3.1.  What would I need to delete to get it back?
    try running this on the db 

delete from cc_pref where keystr = 'library_datatable'
  • I get:

SQL error:

ERROR:  syntax error at or near "from"
    LINE 1: SELECT COUNT(*) AS total FROM (delete  from cc_pref where ke...
                                                   ^

In statement:

SELECT COUNT(*) AS total FROM (delete  from cc_pref where keystr = 'library_datatable') AS sub