Scheduled Show seems On-Air but is not broadcasted
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    heyho, first error in 4 weeks with Airtime On-Air.

fyi, We are a terrestrial Radio Station and do not use the Webstream-Output, only Line-Out ALSA.

Our Calender today contained:
    10am-11am => Route Rock => filled with a 1h-Ogg-Webstream (directing through LAN to our Playlist-Shuffling-PC with Standalone-Icecast-Server)
    11am-12am => A-Z: Jazz vom Feinsten => filled with 1 Intro-Jingle, 1 preproduced 1-hour-show (uploaded via airtime-gui) and 1 outro-jingle.
    12am-12:07am => BBC News

Today at 11am, the scheduled 1h-show has not been broadcasted.
    The Status-Info of Airtime visualised that everything is fine, OnAir-Light On, Correct Show under "Current", etc.
    But Airtime did not broadcast this show, I did listen to it that time.
    I did not hear an Intro-Jingle or any interuption, Airtime did just stay on the programmed Webstream of 10-11am for the whole showtime.

Attached is an extraction of my pypo.log of about 11am, looks weird.

Another thing I mentioned: When a new scheduled show starts, the elapsing show is not faded out.

Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • 7 Comments sorted by
    I did schedule the same files for the same day 6pm, and at this time everything went fine.

But this morning our Silence-Detector has been On-Air because did not broadcast anything.
    Remote-restart of Airtime-Server did not change anything, so I checked the services and Liquidsoap was not running.
    Restarting Liquidsoap did solve the problem immediatly, but I don't know why the service has not been started on ubuntu-startup.
    Attached my logs from this morning.
    Same Error as yesterday - Liquidsoap not running! But this Time restarting not possible!
    Restarting Liquidsoap not possible with following message after executing "sudo airtime-liquidsoap restart":

Restarting Liquidsoap: ('Error loading config file: %s', error(111, 'Connection refused'))
    Done.
    delusion@rastamann:~$
    #########################################
    #           *** pypo  ***               #
    #     pypo notification gateway         #
    #########################################

I did not change anything on ls_script.liq or anywhere else.

I'm really confused now, our Radio Station has only Music from our Silence-Detector and we have planned to have 8hrs of Live Shows today!

No Restart of the Liquidsoap-Service or of the whole Ubuntu-Server does change anything on the status. Damnit!

Could anyone give me a tipp of what to do! Im really desperated since 4 hrs.

greetz, hoerich
    sudo service airtime-liquidsoap stop

and then

sudo service airtime-liquidsoap start

did work! what the heck?!!?
    Post edited by hoerich at 2013-04-19 03:39:38
    a new "feature" I stumbled across is a Lock-Symbol instead of a Track-Preview-Button in the Library!

The 45min-file Airtime should have played out and did not has this Lock-Symbol in front of it.
    You can see this symbol on the blue marked row in the screenshot.

I got no Info about this Icon, but I only know that Airtimes Liquidsoap-Service stopped working when Airtime wanted to start the file marked with this icon.

1600 x 866 - 100K
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Daniel JamesDaniel James
    Hi Hoerich, the padlock icon just means that your browser cannot preview/audition this filetype, for example FLAC. Could you provide a link to the file which did not play, please?
    Hi
    I did not know about the Padlock-Icon.
    The mentioned file is in mp3-format recorded in our Recording-Studio with No23 Recorder.
    We do not recheck the validation of prerecorded files, since Airtime should deny corrupt files.
    I put the file to my webserver http://www.hoerich.org/images/20130417kv138classical.mp3

I know these problems are just children's disease, but for us as a Community Radio Station it's always bad, when someones show has not been broadcasted. It's not just about the listener.

Although Airtime yet doesn't save our programm coordinator as much time as expected (missing features like auto-fallback-to-stream, Line-In & scheduling exact to seconds),
    we are glad to have an Automation System we generally can rely on 24/7.
    I'm sure about to know in which development stage Airtime was, when I implemented it and about its big potential.

But I think should be posted in the marketing-section ;-)
    btw...
    the preproduced show this afternoon evoked the same problem.
    liquidsoap-service not running and restart after a few attempts possible.