Stream configuration problem with Airtime 2.2
  • Hi,

I've got Airtime 2.2 on Debian Squeeze running, installation went smoothly. But I cannot stream to a Shoutcast server.
    The status panel suggest that airtime-playout is OK, but it looks like that it cannot connect to the given Shoutcast server. It permanently says: Getting information from the server (in orange box) and it does not become green.

I've tried to manually connect with a client software (Nicecast on OSX) and it works just fine. So I've tried to connect with the airtime-test-stream utility

$ airtime-test-stream -o shoutcast -P 8000 -m livestream -p xxxxxxx

and it works fine as well.

Any ideas?
    Post edited by Christian Haudum at 2012-11-04 13:37:16
  • 8 Comments sorted by
  • If a show is scheduled then from time to time the ON AIR signal appears for a second or so, but actually nothing happens.
  • Just realized there is the same problem with Icecast :(

Looked at the logs:

2012/11/04 17:22:24 [airtime_128:3] Connecting mount airtime_128 for source@127.0.0.1...
    2012/11/04 17:22:24 [airtime_128:2] Connection failed: bad answer: scanf: bad input at char number 0: looking for 'H', found 'i'
    2012/11/04 17:22:24 [lang:3] /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/liquidsoap_scripts/notify.sh --error='bad answer: scanf: bad input at char number 0: looking for 'H', found 'i'' --stream-id=1 --time=1352027880.83 &
    2012/11/04 17:22:24 [airtime_128:3] Will try again in 5.00 sec.

• You need to remove mount point when connection to a shoutcast server 

System > Streams > Additional Options Mount Point : should be empty
  • It is empty actually, but it seems that Liquidsoap is not using an updated configuration. It is still using some old Icecast configuration?!

It should not even matter if the mountpoint is empty if you are using ShoutCast, because the Liquidsoap script should ignore it: In /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/liquidsoap_scripts/ls_script.liq

if s1_output == 'shoutcast' then
            s1_namespace := "shoutcast_stream_1"
        else
            s1_namespace := s1_mount
        end

• I'm pretty sure it uses an old Icecast configuration, because when I try to connect with a client using Icecast protocol, I get the same error.
  • To show that trying to connect to a Shoutcast server with Icecast protocol throws that error, you can use the airtime-test-stream utility:

xxx@xxx:~$ airtime-test-stream -o icecast  -P 8000 -m livestream -p xxxxxx
    Protocol: icecast
    Host: localhost
    Port: 8000
    User: source
    Password: xxxxxx
    Mount: livestream

Outputting to icecast streaming server. You should be able to hear a monotonous tone on 'http://localhost:8000/livestream'. Press ctrl-c to quit.
    2012/11/04 19:32:01 [livestream:2] Connection failed: bad answer: scanf: bad input at char number 0: looking for 'H', found 'i'
    2012/11/04 19:32:05 [livestream:2] Connection failed: bad answer: scanf: bad input at char number 0: looking for 'H', found 'i'

So how can I make sure that Airtime is using the configuration I set in System > Streams?
  • After spending a day on this issue I could resolve it :)

The
    problem was that the airtime-liquidsoap failed to restart, but there
    were no errors in the logs nor any other indication (not even in the
    system status in the web interface).

In /etc/init.d/airtime-liquidsoap I removed --nicelevel -15 from the parameters and restarted the service with $ sudo invoke-rc.d airtime-liquidsoap restart

The service restarted, the settings updated and liquidsoap could connect to Shoutcast!

PS: Same underlying problem, but completely different symptoms has this issue: http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/comment/20496
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    thanks to mark this thread as solved :-D