install on a ubuntu server 18.04 lts
  • Vote Up0Vote Down alfonsalfons
    Hi.

I am just arrived and i'm trying to perform my first installation for learning.

I try to install on ubuntu 18.04, but I have a lot of dependences issues. 

It seems that the older php can be installed is 5.6 and airtime wants 5.

In ubuntu repositories 7.2 is found.

Is ther any way for installing airtime in ubuntu 18.04 ??

Thanks a lot

Alfons //*//
    Post edited by alfons at 2018-05-09 12:44:20
  • 1 Comment sorted by
  • hello,
     Burn Ubuntu ISO Image
    If you’re going to be installing Ubuntu on a physical server, you will have to download and burn the ISO image onto an external media like CD/DVD or flash drive…

On Windows machines, you may right-click the ISO image and select Burn disc image as shown in the image below… then choose the DVD drive with a blank DVD disc to burn to…

To burn to a Flash Drive, you may have to take a different route.. there are programs that should be able to help do you do that..

windows ubuntu burn image

After burning the image, transfer the DVD or Flash Drive to the computer you want to install Ubuntu on…

If you’re going to be installing on a virtual server, then just create the virtual machine and mount the ISO image and boot from it…

Ubuntu 18.04 install server
    Step 2: Boot And Install Ubuntu Server
    When you start up the server machine with Ubuntu ISO image, it should boot up the installation wizard… use the screenshots below to guide you…
    Choose your preferred language to use to install Ubuntu…
    Ubuntu server install
    Then select your keyboard layout for the installation… the default is English (US) and continue
    ubuntu server install
    After that select Intall Ubuntu…
    ubuntu server install
    On the next screen, select at least one network card to configure… this should automatically install an IP address if there’s a DHCP server in your environment…
    Ubuntu server install
    Next, choose a proxy adress if there’s one… in most environments, this is not enabled.. so don’t type anything and continue…
    ubuntu server install
    Then choose to install Ubuntu on the entire disk… this is the easiest method… continue from there.
    ubuntu server install
    Next, select the disk to use to install on… and continue
    ubuntu server install
    Confirm the disk and continue… this is going to erase everything on the disk and install Ubuntu
    ubuntu server intall
    Confirm to delete everything on the disk and install Ubuntu.. after this, you’ll lose anything that was on the disk… so make sure the correct disk is selected and continue..
    ubuntu server installation
    Then create an account for the server… this will become an administrative account since the root account is not being used… also type the computer and and continue…
    ubuntu server install
    Wait until the installation is complete… then reboot the server.
    ubuntu server install