Superdesk install on Ubuntu 16.04
  • I thought I'd give this a try and of course it failed. It got as far as:

_mongo
        ids = backend.insert(endpoint_name, docs)
      File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/eve/io/mongo/mongo.py", line 425, in insert
        error['index'], error['errmsg'])
      File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/werkzeug/exceptions.py", line 646, in __call__
        raise self.mapping[code](*args, **kwargs)
    werkzeug.exceptions.Conflict: 409: Conflict
    +++ public api was prepopulated

...so when I looked into the folder /usr/local/lib/ and found python3.4 missing I assumed that the OS update to Python 3.5 has caused the issue. Is it worth trying to install 3.4 or shall we just wait for team to accommodate the new version?

Regards

Simon
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • hi,

is this using docker or normal install? it should work fine with both python 3.4 and 3.5
  • I followed the same instructions as with Ubuntu 14.04. I installed Docker first and then Superdesk, exactly as the instructions from the download link on the Superdesk site. I am fairly inexperienced with Linux so have to stay on the official path as I don't understand some of the options. 

From the messages it looked as though the install script was specifically looking for an old version of Python in a folder that does not exist on Ubuntu 16.04.
  • I see, then this report is within docker and it shouldn't be affected by the ubuntu version, so I guess the libs are in place within docker image.
    this error during public api prepopulate shoudn't be an issue afaik, so can you start superdesk after?
  • I'll go back, take another look and report properly.