Logging in to Superdesk on a client machine via a Web Browser
  • Hi there,

I have successfully installed Superdesk on a server machine running Ubuntu 14.04.

I am able to log into Superdesk on the server's web browser using local host or 127.0.0.1.

However when I connect to Superdesk on a separate client machine via a Web Browser using the IP of the server (192.168.1.100) I can get the superdesk login page up however it will not accept my login details which are just:

username: admin

Password: admin.

These details work just fine when logging in on the server itself?

The error message I get on the client machine is "Sorry, but cant reach the server now, please try again later."

Is there something I need to change for client machines to be able to login?

I would like to get superdesk working for user's in a test environment so I want them to be able to access from their own computers.

• 2 Comments sorted by
  • Hi!
    have you changed ip to the one on which the server is listening here:
    https://github.com/superdesk/superdesk/blob/master/docker/common.yml

Otherwise the frontend is trying to reach the backend on 127.0.0.1
    Innovations developer, Sourcefabric
  • Hi Yauhen,

I did change everything in there from 127.0.0.1 to 192.168.1.100 previously.

It looks to be working now!

I had to run the
    <font face="Arial">./scripts/docker-local-create-user.sh command again to create a new user when I changed the IP address in common.yml <br><br>Thanks for your help! <br></font><br>
    Post edited by Conor Cartin at 2016-04-18 07:02:42