Password reset does not send e-mails
  • Hi,

I have configured my Airtime's Email / Mail Server Settings in order for my DJs to be able to reset their passwords. However, the e-mails never get sent.

I am in control of SMTP server as well (postfix), which requires authentication. Postfix logs show attempt to connect and consequent disconnect:

Feb 26 09:35:09 smtp postfix/smtpd[90177]: connect from airtime.example.org[IP.ADD.RE.SS]
    Feb 26 09:35:09 smtp postfix/smtpd[90177]: lost connection after UNKNOWN from airtime.example.org[IP.ADD.RE.SS]
    Feb 26 09:35:09 smtp postfix/smtpd[90177]: disconnect from airtime.example.org[IP.ADD.RE.SS]

I have quite strict (but RFC compliant) SMTP rules, including reject_non_fqdn_helo_hostname and reject_invalid_helo_hostname.
    Perhaps Airtime's SMTP client does not send correct HELO/EHLO?
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • Hello! Which distro are you running it on? And which Airtime install method did you use?
  • Hi Wilco,

thank you for your interest.

Distro: Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.13.0-46-generic x86_64)

As for the install method, it was quite some time ago. Furthermore, at that time I had been installing different Ubuntu versions due to silan bug of cutting track beginnings and ends. I guess I didn't go 'gdebi' route, as I don't like all the dependencies for single purpose headless server. Most likely 'full install', as I see Icecast installed and running although I use separate Icecast server, which wouldn't be the case if went for 'minimal install'.