Unknown- How to Deal With Metadata that shows "Unknown"
  • If you every see this in your metadata you know something is wrong.
    This is what you should first do

1. If you use OGG , make sure you turn on the Vorbis metatag at System===>>Settings
    2. Otherwise you have not tag your files properly .my suggestions is that if you already import them in Airtime,you just have to bear the pain of properly tagging the files then go to library and remove them all.Yes you have to remove that "million tracks",they should not be put in there without properly tag for many reason including legal reasons and no matter what you think of getting a script etc.there is no shortcut that will give you the correct results.when its comes to doing the right thing sometimes it require starting over and this is one such case.
    3. While this is not a substitute for 2 above,you can either append or update the output to a customize metadata (especially for live stream).Attached is a suggested script customize it to your suit and place it above any output script (above the registered functions and if you use the tunein api) in the ls_script (usually line 283)

Liquidsoap by default  will treat missing artist and/or title as "UNKNOWN" ( see external.liq - line 199).

Have a Great Life

VOISSES

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2014-08-08 20:46:43
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • This is just a Suggestion  please comment
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Daniel JamesDaniel James
    Hi Voisses, I don't see the script attached to the post above, could you re-post it please? Thanks! Daniel
  • Yes the script is there daniel,it has a ,liq extension
    I will post it as a text file here
    .its basic to use either include it as  %include"update.liq" or just copy it at line 283 above the function register