A suggestion to Development Team!
  • Hi guys! I'm owner of Trance-Energy Radio and we use Airtime. The soft work good and you did a great job.
    But I have a suggestion: Can you develop an option for Airtime as Equalizer? This will be great!
    Airtime already keeps a good sound on the stream, but because of different genres that we(radios) play it will be better that we'll have the possibility to "costumize" our sound.
    Like, there's a different audio config between a trance sound and a hip-hop sound.
    Or you can make already an Equalizer with predefined settings. How you want. But i think this will be great.
    Before Airtime, we used Sam Broadcaster as streamer and I have a perfect audio config for my genre and for all EDM music genre. I have it from a noted FM radio station and I'll be glad to share it even.
    I hope I'll get an answer from you :)
    Cheers!
    Post edited by Pepo Tzacanitu at 2013-10-28 11:48:02
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Daniel JamesDaniel James
    Hi Pepo, one way to do this in software is to use Liquidsoap to output to JACK and then use Jamin to adjust the equalisation and compression:

http://jamin.sourceforge.net/en/about.html

Once you have the sound you want, you could make a settings file for these plugins and run them in command line mode with Liquidsoap's LADSPA support:

http://savonet.sourceforge.net/doc-svn/ladspa.html

Now if you want the plugin settings to change each time the genre of the file played changes, that is possible, but more complicated :-)

Cheers!

Daniel
  • @Daniel James 
    Hi Daniel. A good ideaa, indeed. There are some "external" ways to do this. I was wondering only if Aitime in the future can do this to avoid extra install :)
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    Hi,

before that, we have a lot of needed features who always waiting ;-)
  • @AlbertFR
    I know that. Mine was only an ideea that maybe i'll see it realized in the future :)
    Every feature at it's time! :)
    Post edited by Pepo Tzacanitu at 2013-10-28 14:00:56