Porting to CentOS, hit a snag with php/apache and the UI.
  • I'm about 80% of the way done creating a script that will install airtime onto CentOS, and I'll be publishing the completed script and accompanying notes here once I've finished, but I've run into an issue with the UI that has me stumped.

The first time I installed onto CentOS I installed onto an existing server, so most of the apache and php pre-requisites were already present, but for the sake of compatibility I'm doing my testing on a minimal CentOS install. Apparently I'm missing something in the configuration, because the UI is not properly parsing some of the inline PHP. (I don't have this problem on my production server, which is running the same version of airtime - 2.3.1, and the same version of CentOS - 6.4)

Here's an example of the code, and I've attached a screenshot of the area the code covers:

<div class="source-info-block">
      <h3><? echo _("Source Streams") ?></h3>
        <ul>
          <li>
            <div id="master_dj_div" class="source-label">
              <a id="master_dj" class="source-kick-button" onclick="kickSource(this)"></a>
              <? echo _("Master Source") ?>
            </div>
            <div class="line-to-switch"></div>
            <a href="#" id="master_dj" class="source-switch-button" onclick="setSwitchListener(this);"><span>off</span></a>
            <div class="line-to-on-air"></div>
          </li>
          <li>
            <div id="live_dj_div" class="source-label">
            <a id="live_dj" class="source-kick-button" onclick="kickSource(this)"></a>
              <? echo _("Show Source")?>
            </div>
            <a href="#" id="live_dj" class="source-switch-button" onclick="setSwitchListener(this);"><span>off</span></a>
          </li>
          <li>
            <div id="scheduled_play_div" class="source-label"><? echo " "._("Scheduled Play") ?></div>
            <a href="#" id="scheduled_play" class="source-switch-button" onclick="setSwitchListener(this);"><span>on</span></a>
          </li>
        </ul>
      </div>

I've bolded the offending snippets of code for ease of reference. This occurs throughout the UI, not just in the area I've posted. 

I'm certain that I'm missing something really simple, but I've already spent 5 or six hours comparing the apache and php configurations between the test VM and my production server, and I can't seem to isolate the cause of it.

A little help, please?

• 4 Comments sorted by
  • Anyone? I've got the rest of the build/install script done, I just can't figure this bit out. I want to publish my script, but I want this fixed before I share it with everyone.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    Hi John,
    I understand what you try to do, but I honestly don't have any clue of this...

But another user run into the same issue with button labels.
    maybe this helps http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/15781/missing-button-labels-in-airtime-2-4-0-

cheers

Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Hoerich - that was EXACTLY the problem, AND the solution!!! THANK YOU.

I will be posting my script for CentOS installation of Airtime 2.3.1 shortly, and next I will have a script for updating from 2.3.x -> 2.4.0.

WOOOOO!

(for anyone reading along at home, the solution was to turn ON short_open_tag in php.)
    Post edited by John Bowman at 2013-08-27 00:35:42
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich

Hoerich - that was EXACTLY the problem, AND the solution!!! THANK YOU.

I will be posting my script for CentOS installation of Airtime 2.3.1 shortly, and next I will have a script for updating from 2.3.x -> 2.4.0.

WOOOOO!

(for anyone reading along at home, the solution was to turn ON short_open_tag in php.)

yeah! good to hear!
    some users can't wait for the script!
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.