Airtime 2.4 beta4
  • http://apt.sourcefabric.org/misc/airtime_2.4.0~beta4_all.deb

Almost all issues reported in beta3 have been resolved (there are still some we are looking into).

Please make sure you have Liquidsoap 1.1.1 installed (available here). This should be the last beta before we release an RC later this week. At this point we are ironing out issues raised by the community, so if you'd like your issue to receive attention, please make your voice heard in this thread.

The final version of 2.4 will support upgrading from this beta. 
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • 17 Comments sorted by
  • Well, I'm happy now that BPM is working.  Replay Gain is working, cue IN is working to a point.  Within the database a value of 00:00:00.025556 will show as 0.0 on the web GUI where as a db value of 00:00:03.886304 will show as 0.3.  This was throwing me off.

Now that the BPM works I have a lot of files that has a BPM of 0.  Only the newly ingested files will have its value shown.  Is there a way, other than deleting and then re adding, I can query all files and read the BPM and update the db?  This would be the last request I have.
  • Try this:

sudo find /path/to/library -exec touch {} \;

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 10:35 PM, Reaz Baksh <<br />airtime-dev@lists.sourcefabric.org> wrote:

> Well, I'm happy now that BPM is working. Replay Gain is working, cue IN
    > is working to a point. Within the database a value of 00:00:00.025556 will
    > show as 0.0 on the web GUI where as a db value of 00:00:03.886304 will show
    > as 0.3. This was throwing me off.
    >
    > Now that the BPM works I have a lot of files that has a BPM of 0. Only
    > the newly ingested files will have its value shown. Is there a way, other
    > than deleting and then re adding, I can query all files and read the BPM
    > and update the db? This would be the last request I have.
    >
    >
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    Martin can you close the others threads ?
    beta 2 & 3

that's more simple for the backup ;-)
  • Hi Martin
    Path to what am I looking for?

sudo find /path/to/library -exec touch {} \;
  • @Reaz,

Path to where your media files are stored.

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Reaz Baksh <<br />airtime-dev@lists.sourcefabric.org> wrote:

> Hi Martin
    > Path to what am I looking for?
    >
    > sudo find /path/to/library -exec touch {} \;
    >
    >
  • Did that but it came up indicating that most of the files does not exist.  I did the following: 
    find /srv/airtime/stor/imported/ -exec touch{} \;
    It did query every sub folder yet the DB does not change as I still have BPM =0.  Should I be waiting more for a result?
    Also since yesterday  I was monitoring the silan process and doing a ps -ef | grep silan   shows that it is working on a file but since yesterday the DB Cue_IN is not being updated.  
  • Seems to have a problem.  I'm presentely off air.  at the beginning of each song the On Air light is lit then about 30 seconds into the song it goes off.  This happens at every transition.  On the output of both Icecast and Shoutcast the Offline is shown.  I disconnected then reconnected to both Ice and Shout cast but that does nothing.
  • Re-installed everything and restored a 2.3.1 db then upgraded to Beta4.  So far everything looks to be working except I cannot connect to Icecast2 or Shoutcast.  No idea why.  Icecast error.log does not see the connection. 
    Post edited by Reaz Baksh at 2013-06-14 16:34:01
  • Vote Up0Vote Down BartBart
    @airtime team: congratulations!
    This beta shows that Airtime is almost becoming usable as real automation software now.
    congratulations & thanks!
    Schelstraete Bart - http://www.contact-dance.com
  • After about 3 reboots Icecast and Shoutcast it started working.  I then had an issue where my Preferences was not saving.  Checked the forum and somewhere it was mentioned that RabbitMQ needed restarting.  Did that and all seems to be working.  I hope it stays that way.
  • I have a clear install 2.4.0b4 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. After that I try to upload files with "Add media" who reported succeful uploaded files. But no files adding in "Library", and no files adding to hard drive. I check used space at hard disk while uploading files, but used space not increased. I try to change "Import Folders", but this no fix problem.  When I copy files to "Watching Folders" this work fine, and files added to "Library". What I need to check? (Sorry for my bad English).
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    Hi, @ultradim, try 2.4RC1
    that's the last release of this version (the final release will be available soon, i hope ;-)
    normally RC1 correcting a lot of bugs from the previous versions, b4 included
  • Albert FR said:

Hi, @ultradim, try 2.4RC1
    that's the last release of this version (the final release will be available soon, i hope ;-)
    normally RC1 correcting a lot of bugs from the previous versions, b4 included

I found the problem.Folder "/plupload" was not present. After create and chmod to www-data probles was resolve. Thank a lot for a greate project!

Maybe PHP need to check for a exist this folder?
    Post edited by ultradim at 2013-06-19 06:05:58
  • @ultradim,

This folder should have been created automatically. Perhaps there were strange permissions on your /tmp folder that prevented this? 
  • @ultradim,

This folder should have been created automatically. Perhaps there were strange permissions on your /tmp folder that prevented this? 

Nope.
    Follow this instruction :)

Setup Ubuntu 12.04.01 then apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
    apt-get install alsa-utils gdebi
    alsa reload
    sed -i '$ a \\ndeb http://apt.sourcefabric.org/ precise main' /etc/apt/sources.list
    apt-get update
    apt-get install sourcefabric-keyring python-software-properties
    add-apt-repository ppa:ondrej/php5
    apt-get update
    apt-get install postgresql python-virtualenv apache2 php5 libapache2-mod-php5
    gdebi liquidsoap_1.1.1~precise~sfo-1_i386.deb
    gdebi airtime_2.4.0~rc1_all.deb
    mkdir /usr/share/airtime
    mkdir /usr/share/airtime/public
    cp /etc/airtime/apache.vhost.tpl /etc/apache2/sites-available/airtime
    sed -i 's/__SERVER_NAME__/Radio/g' /etc/apache2/sites-available/airtime
    sed -i 's/__SERVER_ADMIN__/support@radio.org/g' /etc/apache2/sites-available/airtime
    a2enmod rewrite
    a2dissite default
    a2ensite airtime
    /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
    /var/lib/airtime/tmp/install_minimal/airtime-install -d

Post edited by ultradim at 2013-06-21 09:03:54
  • I notice 2.4 is release or am I seeing double?
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • It's at the GA level but I waiting on an official forum announcement.