user control
  • we just set up the site and it is working. We are producing books. When I set up booktype a year ago, I was able to go into django and deal with users. I could even delete them if I wanted. I am having trouble even loading django now. 

How can I control users. Is there a way that I can interface the database directly. I would also like to know how I could check a "chapter" back in after someone forgets to log out and locks a chapter up for a long time.

thats it for now not sure this all belongs here.

Thanks
    Randy
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • Hi Randall!

You are correct, Django Admin interface is not automatically turned on in Booktype 1.6. If you do want it all you have to do is uncomment couple of lines in $BOOKTYPE_SOURCE/lib/booki/url.py file.

It should like like this:

# By default Django admin interface is turned off. If you want it you will need to uncomment couple of lines here.
    from django.contrib import admin
    admin.autodiscover()

# Django Admin interface is disabled by default. If you want it
    # enabled you will have to uncomment couple of lines here.
    # (r'^admin/doc/', include('django.contrib.admindocs.urls')),
    url(r'^admin/', include(admin.site.urls)),

When it comes to locks. Locks are automatically deleted after 2 minutes. There is a known problem where lock update will not be changed on the browser screen and you need to reload the page. If the lock is still there after two or more minutes probably it got stuck in the Redis database. In that case the only way you can remove is delete content of Redis database (if you are saving it to the disk) and restart it again.  Now, there is a third way (or the default way how to unlock something) but it will not work for now unless you have a specific user name. Relic from the past for which I will create a ticket and fix it tomorrow.

Aco
  • Thank you!!
    rj