Licenses not showing up predictably in copyright div
  • After setting the license for a book, I get odd results when publishing to PDF: e.g. After choosing cc-by-nc-sa I get just cc-by in the PDF output; or after choosing a custom all rights reserved I get GPL in the PDF output.

This is on a paid Booktype Pro account.
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • There is a small issue with this and to bypass the problem all CC licenses are marked as CC-BY. CC-BY is also default license in some cases. This will be fixed very soon.
  • Thanks for the explanation.

We're just starting to use Booktype in a academic school setting and the issues of licenses is important to our potential authors.

What's the best way for us to provide feedback? Is the public bug tracker best?

We're super interested in Booktype: it really solves a lot of problems for us and encourages great collaboration.

Cheers, Alex

On 04/12/2012, at 2:54 AM, Aleksandar Erkalović wrote:

> There is a small issue with this and to bypass the problem all CC licenses are marked as CC-BY. CC-BY is also default license in some cases. This will be fixed very soon.
    >
  • Hi Alex,

yes, public bug tracker (http://dev.sourcefabric.org/browse/BK) would be the best way to provide feedback. If you have some questions or solutions for other people you can post them here on the forum. There is also #booktype channel on irc.freenode.net server where you can find us for chat.

Good that you like it :) Feel free to ask and suggest any ideas. We are testing fix for licenses od devel machines at the moment and will probably push it to production tomorrow.

Aco