HELP : Airtime! Cut the end of the song :(
  • When I preview a song I can listen and I whole there appears real time.  But in playlist songs appear almost two minutes shorter. Fadeout and FadeIn is set to 0.00. What is the problem? Thank you.
  • 33 Comments sorted by
  • But if you change something in the metadata, eg track number, then appears true length.I can not do this to 600 songs is too much.
  • Now THAT is a very interesting and useful clue. Thank you for that.
    I have this problem too - the conclusion of my chat shows (and punchline) gets chopped off.
    Could you make a bug report for this?
    The new shiney wizzy site doesnt seem to have a link for this any more :(

No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • So, Airtime still have a lot of major bugs and missing features... Do you think it should be used in production? I have problems with the calendar, it cuts the begin of the tracks and now you say it cuts the end of the track too :( And still no auto dj...

I like Airtime for its great interface, and the watched folders is really a nice feature. But i have to say it is unstable :(
  • No one has any ideas? I have about 1500 songs, at least with wrong lengths. I literally have to edit each file to update the lengths. This is very frustrating.
  • Are you using cross-fades?
  • It's not x-fades, the song length shown is shorter in the library. When you edit the meta data, it updates to the correct length.
    Post edited by jason lee at 2014-11-09 17:17:11
  • FYI, i tried reimporting the 7k songs we have, it doesn't help.
  • Pretty sure the fix for this is to turn on hardware audio output in stream settings. Not sure why it matters, but it seems like all the tracks are the correct length after re-import.
  • I have the same problem, on freshly installed Airtime 2.5.1 on Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS.

jason lee's "fix" does not work for me.

I tried to report a bug in bug tracker, but after an hour of trying to log in I finally gave up.

Can we expect some info about this annoying bug? At least acknowledging it?

Thank you in advance,
  • I did some research, hopefully a developer will read this and figure out something of it.

I am using rsync to transfer tracks to watched dir. Tracks with VBR appear to get cut more (i have one track of 6:20 cut down to 3:20). Time gets corrected if tag is edited inside airtime.

After I deleted tracks, re-encoded them to 128 constant bitrate, re-tagged them and re-uploaded them, most of them show the same duration as clementine player. Some of them are a few seconds shorter, but that must be silence removal because this appear to happen on tracks with a few seconds silence at the end.

I would be glad to provide any logs.

Cheers,
  • Yeah i posted another thread on this, but it's basically the same for me, many tracks are cut short or have the beginnings trimmed. So my post above solved nothing. It seem that silan isn't functioning correctly on 14.04, or something.
  • 14.04 is Half Baked.

I tested it and I will tell anyone it has a learning curve I had to do too much

YOU will Have problem and personally I would recommend Use only 12.04 for Production 14.04 for Testing

Voisses
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • I have reinstalled to Debian Wheezy, and I have the same problem. I will reinstall to Ubuntu 12.04 and post results back. Perhaps it would be good to put visible warning to avoid newer linux releases on easy setup wiki page.
  • Did you use the 14.04 updated silan?

• FYI, the updated silan seems to have entirely fixed my problem. I've yet to find a track that cuts off ether the beginning or end. Of all the problems moving to 14.04, this one was the biggest, but was easily fixed by installing the most recent 3.2.2- build 2 or building it from source. Here is the DEB for amd64 http://www.ubuntuupdates.org/package/core/utopic/universe/base/silan.
  • :) Heh!. ;)
  • @jason lee:

Hi Jason, thanks for the suggestion.

Being more of a *BSD guy, I have trouble installing DEB you are suggesting on Ubuntu 14.04:

pacija@airtime:~$ sudo gdebi silan_0.3.2-2build2_amd64.deb
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    Building data structures... Done
    Building data structures... Done
    This package is uninstallable
    Dependency is not satisfiable: libavcodec56 (>= 6:11~beta1)|libavcodec-extra-56 (>= 6:11~beta1)

Would you please be so kind and give more detailed instruction on how to do it?
  • This should work. I have libavcodec53 and 54 installed, but i used webmin to install.

sudo dpkg -i silan_0.3.2-2build2_amd64.deb --depends-version

If not, you can try --force-* although using force as a last resort. You could just use --depends which will just spit out warnings but install it anyway.
  • I've wasted some time trying to install newer version, but finally decided not to go with fresher packages than those in official repos for Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (the package jason lee suggests is available only in Ubuntu 14.10 repos).

So, I re-installed 12.04 LTS, performed airtime-easy-setup, and first results show that tracks are not cut. Silan version is 0.3.2~precise~sfo-1.

If I encounter problems I will report back.
  • pacija said:

I have reinstalled to Debian Wheezy, and I have the same problem. I will reinstall to Ubuntu 12.04 and post results back. Perhaps it would be good to put visible warning to avoid newer linux releases on easy setup wiki page.

Using the most stable (mature) linux flavour has being my motto ,ever since I started using Linux some 8 years ago.This is also true of Windows OS. and almost all operating system.

Take for instance your router ( and Almost all embeded devices) if you bought it 2 years ago it most likely have not change since you got

Whilst this seems so called "outdated" software ,it sometimes perform the best.Take for instance my favourite media center LinuxMCE they still on ubuntu 10.10.

Now ,I was a follower of Sourcefabric some 8 years ago (at that time it was Campster).It has come a long way and with limited resources.Even this forum has really improved thanks to Hoerich and AlbertFR inputs.

There have been Good and Bad ,intentional and unintentional,selfish and unselfish support inside here but believe me I always try to tell people have a Production Machine (Stable LTS and preferable one which have being in existence for at least 1 year) and then have another "Hot"  machine with the Latest for Experiments which you can erase and always start over and Apply the Latest Patch before putting in production

So I Will Pass this On to You From Now on,its now Implict USE THE LTS Which is at Least 1 year Old For production.

Wish You the best
    VOISSES

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • Wow! I came back here for the same problem I noticed tonight. With mine the end of the last song and beginning of the next song get chopped off. This is but one problem I am having with Airtime. #stillstruggling
  • Wow! I came back here for the same problem I noticed tonight. With mine the end of the last song and beginning of the next song get chopped off. This is but one problem I am having with Airtime. #stillstruggling

What flavor of linux? What version?
    This is entirely an issue with silan running on 14.04LTS Ubuntu.
    The other issue could be with cross-fade settings in airtime preferences.
  • As promised, I am reporting back that there are no problems with track cutting on Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS and silan 0.3.2~precise~sfo-1.
  • I am also having a problem very similar to this, most of my songs are to long, not to short.
    My silan version is 0.3.2, but I am on debian weezy, not ubuntu. I was on Ubuntu 12.04 and had the same issues.
    I believe it has something to do with ID3 tags. 
    Here is the results of a ffmpeg -i of a file that is longer than it should be in airtime:

Input #0, mp3, from '/data/labeled/Acoustic/Folk/08 Still Crazy After All These Years.mp3':

Duration: 00:03:55.57, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 128 kb/s

This results in the correct song duration. Using a tool called eyeD3 I get the same incorrect duration that airtime's calendar and database is reading. the time difference being over 5 minutes, resulting in 5 minutes of dead air....

08 Still Crazy After All These Years.mp3 [ 3.60 MB ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time: 09:00 MPEG1, Layer III [ 56 kb/s @ 44100 Hz - Stereo ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post edited by Brandon Martin at 2014-12-09 18:10:41
  • Are your files CBR or VBR?
  • Put away all your mp3, set Hardware Audio Output switched on. Change Output Type OSS. Send to the server from the beginning of a new mp3. It should work! Greetings from Poland ;)
  • Same issue, 14.04, etc...

I found an issue with the MP3s that were being chopped.  I encoded them at 128kbps, yet when I did a properties/audio info (ubuntu right click) it showed as 32kbps.   Very odd.

avprobe showed them at 128...

Once I reexported them (audacity chain), all was well.

-John
  • Try converting your audio files to .ogg, it worked for me
  • I'm running (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS) Airtime 2.5.1 default cross-fade set at 1, having issue with mp3 set at 128bit cutting off at the outro but fine on the intro; Should I continue to trouble shoot or update to 2.5.2? running in production
  • 1baud said:

I'm running (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS) Airtime 2.5.1 default cross-fade set at 1, having issue with mp3 set at 128bit cutting off at the outro but fine on the intro; Should I continue to trouble shoot or update to 2.5.2? running in production

Ok 

Put away all your mp3, set Hardware Audio Output switched on. Change Output Type OSS. Send to the server from the beginning of a new mp3. It should work! Greetings from Poland ;)

This doesn't work 

The issuse is with meta data before seleting song into playlist edit meta data first then save and the whole song will play.

I will have to look for some type of compatible metadata utility to execute locally on the server.
    MIXX is working fairly well remotely as well.

• Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
  • The answer for me was Silan. It is a package used by Airtime that is responsible for detecting silence in audio files.

The fix was to upload an older version of silan which works fine.

upload silan_0.3.2-trusty-sfo-1_amd64.deb to /tmp
    cd /tmp;dpkg -i silan_0.3.2-trusty-sfo-1_amd64.deb
    dpkg -s silan | grep Version
    * This should show: Version: 0.3.2~trusty~sfo-1
    * Then we mark the package as on hold to stop it being updated
    apt-mark hold silan

I have not found a later version of silan which works with Airtime to date, but this version works very well.
    Post edited by Andy Courcier at 2018-01-26 09:25:09
    AndyC - BlastFM Internet Radio Stations
  • Try converting your audio files to .ogg, it worked for me