Install hangs on Waiting for pypo processes to start and starting liquid soap
  • Hi there,

I'm trying to install (via apt-get install airtime) airtime on a 1&1 cloud server running a Ubuntu 12.04 - 64-bit image.

I've had a load of problems with locales and postgre but think i'm past these now.

However, the install process hung on "Waiting for pypo processes to start"

So I restarted the remote server. On boot it now generates the error 
    "Starting liquid soap playout engine: * Stopping CPU interrupts balancing daemon

You can press alt ctrl F2 to get past this,

So I figure liquid soap got installed badly. Go to run apt-get purge liquidsoap, and get the error
    dpkg was interupted, you must manually run 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem

which, when run, gets back to installing airtime, and hangs on "Waiting for pypo processes to start"

I know I've probably done something very simple and stupid but if anyone has any ideas i'd be very grateful.
    Or i'll just reinstall the image, AGAIN, and see if I can get further through the install this time

Thanks for any help
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Use Debian 7 instead, friend!
  • which version of Airtime you installing

2.5.1.6 is trival
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2016-03-17 16:58:38
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • After some research and this post ^^ I am going to try debian 7. I believe it was 2.5.1 but aren't at my pc now. I had some other problems with Ubuntu, mainly locale, despite using it desktop without many problems, so I'll try debian and see. Back in a day or two. Thanks.
  • In Ubuntu 14:

If you want to change from localhost in your install, be sure to do this BEFORE....

sudo nano /etc/hosts

Add:
    127.0.0.1 sub.domain.tld subdomain

(you can also use your private ip instead of 127.0.0.1)

I.E. The subdomain, your domain, and your top level domain of what you are going to type in for your FQDN for Airtime during install
    Post edited by Odin Wynd at 2017-04-28 22:26:34