[SOLVED] Airtime 2.5.x Webstream with short volume drops/interruptions
  • I use a webstream media element to "re-stream" a continuous audio stream from another source. Airtime re-streams 24/7 without stopping. So far so good.

BUT: The source sends metadata and everytime the metadata changes, airtime drops volume level to zero and fades in the stream again. This happens ~1s after the new metadata is available.

How can I continuous stream from this source ignoring any changes in the stream (metadata)? I need a constant re-stream without any volume drops.

Is this a known issue?
    Post edited by Peter Knapp at 2017-04-18 11:59:17
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • I found the solution (and thank you for leading me in the right direction).

To solve this, I just had to change in file ls_lib.liq

cross_d = 3.

to

cross_d = 0.

After reboot the stream had no volume drops after receiving new metadata.

• Post edited by Peter Knapp at 2017-04-16 03:39:10
  • This is the fixed at line 320

s=
        fallback(
                  id="radio",
                track_sensitive=false,
                transitions=[transition,transition,transition],
                [
                strip_blank(id="scheduled",max_blank=60.,threshold=-40.,s),
                strip_blank(id="default_fallback",max_blank=300.,threshold=-70.,default),
                strip_blank(id="radio_fallback",max_blank=25.,threshold=-30.,radio)
                ])

#Where radio is that 24/7rotation
     #max_blank=300., is 5 minutes(60sec x 5) of silence before it goes to rotation mine is 600 (60 x10)
     #   threshold=-70. dead silence        
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • a nice one especially if the webstream do not announce your station but you want listeners to hear it.I found most large station do something like this for simulcast .do the transistion with a stationid jingles

stationid=single("<path_to>/jingles.mp3")

# A nice transition,
    # which does a cross-fading from A to B
    # and adds a jingle
    def transitionID(j,a,b)
      add(normalize=false,
          [ fade.initial(b),
            sequence(merge=true,
                    [blank(duration=3.),j,fallback([])]),
            fade.final(a) ])
    end

s=
        fallback(
                  id="radio",
                track_sensitive=false,
                transitions=[transition,transitionID(stationid),transitionID(stationid)],
                [
                strip_blank(id="scheduled",max_blank=60.,threshold=-40.,s),
                strip_blank(id="default_fallback",max_blank=300.,threshold=-70.,default),
                strip_blank(id="radio_fallback",max_blank=25.,threshold=-30.,radio)
                ])

#Where radio is that 24/7rotation
     #max_blank=300., is 5 minutes of silence before it goes to rotation
     #<path_to> is replaced by the actual path  
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • Warnings
    Let me warned you there is some trolls here which hate the ability to make airtime  stable by using  modification to the ls_script.liq
    they claim its not Airtime.

So in reply I found this script that is there long time but it was top secret its in this post

https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/18336/autodj-script-using-php-2-1-5-6-solution-you-were-waiting-on-no-ls_script-modification-need  &nbsp;

but read this   
     https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/18348/ways-to-trigger-your-rotation-scriptusing-pythonphpliquidsoap-etc-write-yours-here

@Serge Kukharski
     offers an amendment ,I have not included it yet

Also there was an hack to the API for when the schedule is off,livedj is off etc.I extend that to check the time is available (nothing schedule) then run the script using argv[2]  to be $lasched($now), and next schedule.
     I like this I get the schedule to run automatically.  
     I am working on using the same thing to schedule it based time basis

it works as is but I have now included it to update the cc_show_days table

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2017-04-17 18:03:12