more then one instance with the same db
  • Hello

Is it possible to handle more then one stream with airtime? I want to use airtime but i need two own channels but i want to use the same database?

The Installation is a local Version of airtime?

Peter

• 11 Comments sorted by
  • If you mean to more stream to more than one provider or stream server then yes you can.
    by default Airtime allows you to stream to three ,if you want to add more then read my post here

https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/18059/adding-more-streams-final-part-2
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • @Peter

Two independent stations/programs based on the same library? No, what you are attempting to accomplish is simply not possible either with Airtime 2.5.x default or with Voisses scripts. Even if it was, how would you control the second station? The UI is designed for one station/program output, not two.
  • @Roger ,
    you not reading what I wrote.
    but in case you need,you need two or two hundred interfaces read this post and try it

https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/17831/ever-want-to-build-your-own-test-container-and-pimp-the-ui-another-in-101-series

you just need a few changes in pypo

and 2 - 200 different virtual host or port

in fact this how I run mine

@Roger
    "Tom Drunk but Tom no fool"
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2017-03-30 11:48:51
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • Hello

In simple words:

* i have different rooms (=channels), there should play different music
    * i don't need one user Interface, The first channel could use port 81, the secound one port 82 this is no Problem
    ' All channels should use the same db and Playlist . The DJ can generate the Playlist on port 81 and the user can use them on the Interface on port 82.

So i think i only have to install a secound instance with the same db. I think  the Forum link could help me. i will check them.

Peter

• This is trivial to liquid soap

here
    http://savonet.sourceforge.net/doc-svn/radiopi.html

# Basic source
    jazz = channel_radiopilote("jazz")
    discoqueen = channel_radiopilote("discoqueen")
    # Avoid skiping blank with classic music !!
    classique = channel_radiopilote(skip=false,"classique")
    That70Sound = channel_radiopilote("That70Sound")
    metal = channel_radiopilote("metal")
    reggae = channel_radiopilote("reggae")
    Rock = channel_radiopilote("Rock")

now I used this
     few things that is needed

1.  Name your playlist by the channel name
    2.use a query to pull the channel name and create a m3u
    3.just copy how they do it radio pi and  send it to ls_script Name each output

Remember to make each user a dj and you will not have to worry about interface etc.

might do a tutorial soon
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2017-04-01 09:54:13
  • Hello,

Thanks for your answer. Your description was a litte bit to fast for me :) A i am a beginner..

Ok, your link is a script for liquidsoap, that what i understand.
    I must study the rest of the artice to understand how it works and i can use them.

But the user (DJ) want a full graphic Interface to Control each radio channel. Can you explain what you mean with 2 and 3 on your enumeration?

Peter

• Peter -- you want two different channels? You need two different instances of Airtime. Simple as that.

Don't let Voisses allow you to pretend fooling around with Liquidsoap scripts has anything to do with Airtime whatsoever.
  • Hi Roger,

i know, you can make this with liquidsoap. I also prefer them but the Person says i don't touch anythink with the Keyboard. Artist;)
    Roger can you help me to install two different instances of airtime with different config but the same database?

Peter

• "Being 100% visually impaired and getting more and more dissatisfied with the growing inaccessibility of gui-driven radio automation software i am all the more happy to have liquidsoap available for my needs.
    I am a total beginner in liquidsoap and not yet fully into the inner workings and the possibilities of this programming language. So naturally i would be stuck at some point and this is where i'd be asking
    for help right now."

https://www.mail-archive.com/savonet-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg09877.html

@ Peter S

We all are beginners in life.
    If you come  to a forum look to install two different  instance then not to be insulting  but anybody  tell you otherwise ,not many people will answer as they barely even answer complicated questions.

This is AIRTIME SUPPORT thread,what t means you actually installed Airtime and is having difficulty.

Do not make anyone discourage you from taking on a challenge and never make any entice you that there is always an easy way.

I had a station dump their Barix box because they installed it on one Leg of the system and  I install my modifications on the other

People on liquidsoap forum are more friend and give you better solutions.

Liquidsoap is Fully Html 5 compatible with webm,you literally  can speak through your browser now like google.

If people continue to take that attitude about Liquidsoap we will continue to be in the dark ages.

Here is the problem you will have with two instance,
    • you will have a lot of overhead two different database,two different media folder,possible two different system to monitor  and you need to sync these
    • Airtime is already a multi user system all you need to do is customize liquidsoap  The Analogy is like a motor car (AIRTIME) you do all the modification, drop the springs only to find its giving varied performance because WOW you forget to do some engine work(LIQUIDSOAP).

So let me say this

1. I came here not knowing anything about Liquidsoap,my client was feed up with Spacial Audio and the none response.Its five (5) Year Now and every time I add a new feature he gets excited.Mark you I have never entered the liquidsoap forum to ask any question or provide answers.I learn from other people mistakes
    2. I knew nothing about Zendframework ,I remember asking to customize the master switch and one person answer me and said their roll.the main developer never "FART ON ME" ie.paid me no attention
    3. I look at some of the Hacks and redo them  because they were joke offers.
    4. and I know I can wrap up most of the PHP ,Zend Experts I see here
    AS I said get someone and sit down you can I will help you. Do not make fear and  otherwise dissuade you.

Have Vision in the Dark,Ear in the silence and Do in the unwillingness.

look at this

• @ Peter S
    In relation to your second question I really think if you read what I sad you will see I answer your question.I highlighted it for you.

Wish you luck with Roger "The Cynic"