Streaming URL confusion
  • After many installs with ubuntu 12.04 I believe I finally have everything installed correct. I even watched the entire almost 3 hour install video on Youtube. After much searching through this other discussions I cannot find my solution.

My current stream URL is http://localhost:8000/airtime_128. Of course, I would like to submit my URL to TuneIn and also have a player on my webpage, (jplayer) but very confused at the next step.

I apologize, I know this has been answered somewhere but I have spent weeks looking and reattempts.

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • that's not
    You need a domain for outside to see you and for tunein to point
    set in your router or  change that localhost only internal people(people on your network) can see you .

If you get in problem  then compare my solutions here

https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/18320/unable-to-connect-to-the-airtime-server-http-error-404-not-found
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Im not sure how to use your comparison. I own a domain, Im not sure if that helps. Still no success.

When I run sudo nano /etc/airtime/airtime.conf

GNU nano 2.2.6                              File: /etc/airtime/airtime.conf                                                                  

[database]
    host = localhost
    dbname = airtime
    dbuser = airtime
    dbpass = airtime

[rabbitmq]
    host = 127.0.0.1
    port = 5672
    user = airtime
    password = RG66SOW7LI70WTTW6***
    vhost = /airtime

[general]
    api_key = PQLP7LGM966MGCHS8***
    web_server_user = www-data
    airtime_dir = /usr/share/airtime
    base_url = localhost
    base_port = 80
    base_dir = /
    cache_ahead_hours = 1

[monit]
    monit_user = guest
    monit_password = airtime

[soundcloud]
    connection_retries = 3
    time_between_retries = 60

sudo touch /var/log/airtime/pypo-liquidsoap/ls_script.log returns nothing when entered in terminal.

When I sudo touch /var/log/airtime/pypo-liquidsoap/ls_script.log

vivi@vivi:~$  sudo /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/airtime-liquidsoap  /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/liquidsoap_scripts/ls_script.liq
    [sudo] password for vivi:
    init: security exit, root euid (user).
    vivi@vivi:~$
    #########################################
    #           *** pypo  ***               #
    #     pypo notification gateway         #
    #########################################

And sudo nano /etc/airtime/api_client.cfg looks like this

GNU nano 2.2.6                             File: /etc/airtime/api_client.cfg                                                                 

bin_dir = /usr/lib/airtime/api_clients
    api_key = 'PQLP7LGM966MGCHS8***'
    api_base = api
    host = localhost
    base_port = 80
    base_dir = /