Themes doens't work when publication is in another language
  • Hello,

I'm really noobe and a non tech journalist. I'm triying Newscoop as a CMS for our House Organ. But, until now, tried differents themes (Rockstars Magazine, Liquid and The Sun). None of them worked when is configured as a Portuguese (Brazil) publication.

I really understand verry basic HTML and logical scrtucture and I tried customize those themes, but without success. All I get are blank pages.

The Sun is very template. Tried stuied it and configure. Worked when I have created an english pubblication, although links to articles didn't worked at all. Same blank pages.

Sorry for my bad english. I canm red it better than I can write.
  • 7 Comments sorted by
  • Olá Augusto,

Welcome to the forums.

The Stun theme doesn't come with all the necessary translation strings to make it work. If you look in the root of the theme folder you will see a folder called _conf.

In that folder I believe is just a single file called strings-en.tpl - Inside are all the English language strings for the site. If you copy that file as strings-pt.tpl I think your Portuguese issue will start working.

Bom voyagem!
  • Hello Pete,

Thanks. But It doens't work with Rockstar template, that comes with a Portuguese(Brazil).conf file inside _conf folder.

The The Sum theme doesn't have _conf folder. I just see the code and no strings. Very simple theme. Easy to understandy. But I really don't know why it does not work. I think the problem are not strings. 

But I will studied the code again.

Thanks
  • Hello, I've tried a publication in English, Portuguese (Portugal) and Portuguese (Brazil). There was a conf file for all. Publication worked on English and Portuguese (Portugal), but not in Portuguese (Brazil).
  • What's happening when you try applying the Brazilian Portuguese conf file?
  • Well, I get a blank page. So, I must setup my publications as Portuguese (Portugal) to work.
  • Does your apache error log give you any hints?
  • Well, I don't know. I do not have acces to apache log. I should ask for it to our IT people.