Airtime skin for Mixxx
  • Vote Up1Vote Down Daniel JamesDaniel James
    Hello broadcasters,

If you've been reading the chapter in the Airtime manual http://en.flossmanuals.net/airtime/integration-with-mixxx/ you may be interested in trying the new Airtime-themed skin for Mixxx, the open source and cross-platform DJ application.

This is a simplified interface for live broadcasting which does away with pitch/tempo control, EQ, flange effect, looping and other features required by beat-matching dance music DJs. Instead, the emphasis is on a clear and uncluttered interface which does not require large mouse movements to operate the most important controls.

The skin is available for download from: http://sourceforge.net/projects/airtime/files/Skins%20for%20 Mixxx/Airtime1280x1024_skin_for_Mixxx.zip/download

After downloading, extract the zip file and copy it to the skins directory on the computer where Mixxx is installed. For example, on Debian or Ubuntu:

$ unzip Airtime1280x1024_skin_for_Mixxx.zip
    $ sudo cp -r Airtime1280x1024 /usr/share/mixxx/skins/

Then select the Airtime skin in Mixxx by clicking Options, Preferences, then Interface.

Cheers!

Daniel
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • my monitor (a laptop) is only 769 pixels high.  Is there an easy way to shorten it to 1280x768?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Daniel JamesDaniel James
    Hi John,

Yes, if you go into the skin source you will see that it's quite easy to shorten the height of the file library pane so that the skin will fit your monitor correctly. See:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/airtime/files/Skins%20for%20Mixxx/

for the full sources.

Cheers!

Daniel
    Post edited by Daniel James at 2012-10-05 07:35:50
  • I know this is a very old project but I was hoping you'd have some advice on modifying the layout. I know you opted for a completely clean layout and it works very well!! I changed the Track Info panel to put the Artist and Title on separate rows.

One thing we could us in our environment is Samplers. Is there an easy way to add multiple samplers?

I've already changed the height of the bottom panels to allow for a 100 height addition. I just couldn't figure out how to populate it with a Sampler panel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Post edited by Jason Schwartz at 2016-03-03 15:13:40
    Hi Jason,

I would recommend that you take a look at the source of the default skins for the current version of Mixxx, as many features have been added since, including samplers.

If you make any updates or improvements, please make a pull request against https://github.com/danielhjames/MixxxSkins

Cheers!

Daniel
  • Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the very quick response. I've created a bit of a Franken-skin by combining the Airtime with LateNight16s. I've run into a couple of minor issues that I couldn't resolve which likely has to do with the fact that no samplers were initially included. I've included the log from the developer tools as well as the zipped Franken-skin which includes the components from LateNight16s.

I set the show_samplers to 1 so they appear on load but nothing appears. Under VIEW, it does show they are "on". If I toggle this off then on, the samplers appear. If I set show-samplers to 0 and then turn them on after loading, they appear. not sure why they don't display when setting the switch to 1.

There are a few other warnings in the log but they don't appear to have much of an impact on the performance. Any ideas how I can get the samplers to appear on load?
    Hi Jason,

The error with sampler visibility may go away if you can fix this warning:
    Warning [Main]: Requested control does not exist: "[Samplers],show_samplers" Creating it. 
    Cheers!

Daniel