Can't edit repeating show after show starts in 2.2.0
  • I've created shows for each day of the week that repeat weekly. Once the show has started I'm unable to edit the show (I want to change the title) because the web interface says, when I press the "Update show" button, "End date/time cannot be in the past". I deliberately picked one of the repeats that has not happened yet (e.g. Nov. 12, 2012). It would be nice to be able to change the start/stop time of a repeating show, but that is not possible once the show has started for the same reason.
  • 11 Comments sorted by
  • Hi!

We are aware of this issue, and have already started looking  on how to resolve it. We will most likey do a quick fix for simple things (edit show title) for the next patch.

This proper fix (edit show start/end times) for this bug will most likely reappear in 2.3 since we've been looking at re-architecting our Add Show feature for quite some time.

Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • This really needs to be fixed. Any workaround? Huge problem with this at the moment, we can't change any of our shows now cause they are all in the past. Makes me want to pull out my hair.
    Post edited by Mark Lastname at 2013-02-28 07:27:52
  • This is finally being worked on and will be fixed in 2.4.0. One workaround
    in the meantime is to delete all future instances and recreate your shows
    with the new desired schedule.
    On Feb 28, 2013 7:18 AM, "Mark Lastname" <<br />airtime-support@lists.sourcefabric.org> wrote:

> This really needs to be fixed. Any work around? Huge problem with this at
    > the moment, we can't change any of our shows now cause they are all in the
    > past. Makes me want to pull out my hair.
    >
    >
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • I'm using 2.5.1 and this still seems to be an issue, more than two years later.  It's not always feasible to edit all future shows and recreate if all I want to do is assign an extra half hour to a single instance of a show, for example.
    I also get an issue when editing repeating shows whereby it states that a show cannot be more then 24 hours long, even if all I do is make a three hour show longer by 5 minutes.

Both of these issues are frustrating.
  • Sourcefab is currently redoing backend stuff to fix things like this. No release target date. Sorry...
  • Admins: please delete this comment.
    Post edited by nawank at 2015-09-15 09:03:42
  • post it here  with screen shots
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • I try to edit show.
    When i add all is ok.
    But when i want to remove some songs from list it's freeze. On apache logs all is ok, i don't see the request, but in Firebug i see 500 errors. don't found where is the ***** logs
  • does this problem has a quick fix?
    I hate upgrading to the new version, 5.2.2.1 It's so buggy
    I faced lots of problems after upgrading to that version.

If someone can provide a quick fix to this, that would be awesome.
    This version is more stable than that buggy 5.2.2.1. it's a real pain to have it. I just wanna run airtime stable in a server.
  • hey can you start a new thread because you refer two absolutely different problem one with encoder and another with schedule

As it relates to schedule ,the only way I know is to delete the instance and reschedule .
    Radio programming and schedule has to pre-plan try do it before show start
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.