Airtime Pro 2.5 and Mixxx 1.11.0
  • I am using Windows 7 Home premium with the above tools for work as a DJ.
    I have Airtime Pro open and running. I am also able to broadcast.
    Now I want to use Mixxx to broadcast and have a live show. No matter what connection settings I put into Mixxx Live Broadcasting settings I still get a bad username/password error and to make sure I am connected to the internet, which I am. 
    I have a show next weekend 1/2/2015 and 1/3/2015
    I NEED this established by then or I lose credibility and MONEY.
    I would really appreciate any input you can offer
    Thank you!
  • 11 Comments sorted by
  • In your router, have you forwarded the port used to talk to airtime (and probably the next number up too) to your machine ? And is it the same port both ends?

Post edited by John Chewter at 2014-12-28 17:24:12
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • Forwarded ports. No good. Still cannot connect. It is giving a username/password error. Master username and Password are blank in airtime pro. According to directions I am only to put "source" in as a username in Mixxx with no password. That was done. Still no communication. I am using Icecast as the service type> Many sites showed different configs that each says will work. I laughed after trying each one. Don't know what to do now.

I disabled firewall and A/V. Still no good. I created a master username and password. I tried to use those and I still get the error. 
    Post edited by DJ_Dave at 2014-12-28 22:15:25
  • Just for a few minutes, try turning off your pc firewall/antivirus that may be blocking stuff.
    If it works, put rules in your firewall to allow the ports/actions
  • No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • Video of how to do what you are trying to do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT8j9c3_v5E

Post edited by John Chewter at 2014-12-28 21:59:20
  • Forwarded ports. No good. Still cannot connect. It is giving a username/password error. Master username and Password are blank in airtime pro. According to directions I am only to put "source" in as a username in Mixxx with no password. That was done. Still no communication. I am using Icecast as the service type> Many sites showed different configs that each says will work. I laughed after trying each one. Don't know what to do now.

I disabled firewall and A/V. Still no good. I created a master username and password. I tried to use those and I still get the error.

Watched the video. It was ok except it was giving general connection info. I am looking for something like: 

1. open Mixxx 1.11.0 x64
    2. click options > Preferneces > Live Broadcasting
    3. Type (specific information) into Mount box > Type (specific information) into Host box > etc....
    All I have found is "this MIGHT work". 
    I've been doing trial and error since 5 AM today
    Any ideas on how I can find more tailored info?

Thx
  • You know most time if you use the Pro Version its best to just run across to the home page and there is a live chat.They have expertise in most area.

VOISSES

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Are you scheduled to do a show on another persons box? You do know that you cannot connect to the show, unless it's your show, right? It will give you that error. Only the master will allow you to override a broadcast. You're show must be "owned" by you (the "Who" section of the show scheduler) must have your login with a checkmark as the assigned DJ. You should be logging in through mixx using your airtime username and password.

If you want to test mixx connectivity and your host allows random stream logins, you can just use a randomly named mount point on 8000 (i.e. /testmount) with the user and password directly to the icecast server. You have to know what user and password is though.
  • You know most time if you use the Pro Version its best to just run across to the home page and there is a live chat.They have expertise in most area.

VOISSES

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.